SNF Week 1: Cowboys @ Rams

Tex

9 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

That wasn’t even the worse call.. There were so many blatant Holds it was scary.

I don't think holding is going to be called very often early on this season unless a lineman out-and-out double-leg takedowns a defender.  Of the games I watched today, I genuinely can't remember more than 1 or 2 offensive holding flags thrown... for the day.

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Thank you for the hot take. I couldn’t go to sleep without knowing this. I’ll sleep so much better. 

Always. I hate sloppy wins more than losses and s*** on both teams when this type of stuff happens, plenty of love to go around 🙃

But in all serious, good luck this year. I have no ill will against the Rams in any way. Cowboys yes lol. Just super blunt. 

Just now, The LBC said:

I don't think holding is going to be called very often early on this season unless a lineman out-and-out double-leg takedowns a defender.  Of the games I watched today, I genuinely can't remember more than 1 or 2 offensive holding flags thrown... for the day.

Which I’ll admit! Makes the games better! If it’s called both ways. Just makes the game run smoother. 

• Like 1

Great win by the Rams. Already built in excuse from Skip on the OPI. That will he use to make himself feel better but the Rams out schemed the Cowboys. McVay showed who is the better coach period. The Rams were physical up front running the ball and if they can run the ball like they did tonight and protect Goff like this the league better watch out. The Rams didn’t improve on the OL take has been greatly over exaggerated. They just needed to get healthy and the young guys needed the experience and development from last season taking their lumps but got better late in the season. The defense only allowed 3pts in the 2nd half against what most people think is the best collection of weapons on offense in Dallas. Like it’s Week 1 but I said (10-6) for the Rams and I feel even better about it. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I still think the Rams are the worst team in the NFCW. Although I wouldn’t say they suck, they are .500 type team that can hang with most teams. NFCW is the best division in football, last year, and this year. 

I see no reason why they can't go 10-6 despite playing in a tough division Edit: IF their OL can stay healthy).  I think the Seahawks win the division but both Rams and Niners end up around 10-6. 

The Rams offense were better than what their stats say they were and even 5.9 yards per play is nothing to sneeze at (would've been good for 6th in the league last year).

The defense struggled in the first half but was much better in the 2nd. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

3 minutes ago, blizofoz45 said:

Dak is making out like a bandit with that $31mil franchise salary. 

All the stats in the world are meaningless if you can't even get into FG range in a 2-minute drill.  Especially against a team like the Rams.

Everyone is dumping on McCarthy and Moore, but if Dak is consistently choosing the safe/stat friendly dumpoff/short pass and not stretching the field with his other weapons, isn't that more on the QB?

I refuse to believe the other 2 WR's were never open, or incapable of making a big play if given the opportunity

Edited by TheGame316

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

I see no reason why they can't go 10-6 despite playing in a tough division.  I think the Seahawks win the division but both Rams and Niners end up around 10-6. 

The Rams offense were better than what their stats say they were and even 5.9 yards per play is nothing to sneeze at (would've been good for 6th in the league last year).

Cardinal D looks really good to me. Someone gotta go 8-8...

8 minutes ago, blizofoz45 said:

Dak is making out like a bandit with that $31mil franchise salary. 

All the stats in the world are meaningless if you can't even get into FG range in a 2-minute drill.  Especially against a team like the Rams.

Well, technically he did get them in FG range in the last 2 minutes. The refs just called it back on BS OPI call. 

8 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I see no reason why they can't go 10-6 despite playing in a tough division Edit: IF their OL can stay healthy).  I think the Seahawks win the division but both Rams and Niners end up around 10-6. 

Credit to Staley. I criticized him heavily in the first half, but he made some adjustments in the second.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Cardinal D looks really good to me. Someone gotta go 8-8...

Hard for me to say. I didn't think the defense was great, but they weren't bad. Deebo and aiyuk hurt, kittle and James get hurt in game. Sloppy game from both teams.

Jimmy G was awful. Really hoping there's a different long term solution. Think that dude is QB purgatory. Big time

1 hour ago, TheGame316 said:

Everyone is dumping on McCarthy and Moore, but if Dak is consistently choosing the safe/stat friendly dumpoff/short pass and not stretching the field with his other weapons, isn't that more on the QB?

I refuse to believe the other 2 WR's were never open, or incapable of making a big play if given the opportunity

He also had the benefit of a really good game from Zeke.  2 TDs and 127 all-purpose yards. 

If Zeke were to maintain that pace through the rest of the season he would have over 2,000 yards from scrimmage and 32 touchdowns.

Dak has to do better or he'll be auditioning someplace else next season for alot less money.

• Like 2