SNF Week 1: Cowboys @ Rams

Tex

21 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Could've been a makeup call for the horrible missed call against Dallas for punching Goff in the face mid-release. And yeah I agree, lot of meh play this week.

Would that have been a make up for when Dak got punched in the face even earlier, or nah?

funfhgtcw4n51.jpg?width=828&auto=webp&s=

Edited by Matts4313

And there could have been a half dozen holding calls each way. Saw a few times the Cowboys OL had their hands inside face masks while pass blocking. We could complain for days about officiating. As for that play clock hitting 0 I've been told before when we were affected by it that wasn't a delay of game also do we know from another angle if he's signaling for a TO or yelling it to the ref while running up? Curious if we have other angles or a vid where we can here him. 

Refs were bad both sides. But they're also human. In every angle but slomo looked like OPI. Now the hands to the face (both teams) and TO were different. But (I know I'm biased) in fast motion, that's incredibly hard not to call OPI with Ramsey selling it.

19 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I wasnt on FF.com last night, do we all agree that call against Gallup was crap? Especially in context of all the other stuff the refs were letting people get away with?

Weak call. But they hit the Rams with some ticky tack calls, and Dallas got away with a clear penalty on the pick. That missed call was a pretty big swing.

15 hours ago, TVScout said:

Slomo:

That is also a sideline infraction  

I'm really trying not to give into this negative blame the refs crap this year (even when it hurts us) because the routine is just getting stale, but how do we know he was not yelling for the timeout before his body acted the way you think it should? 

And even still, the announcers even said that they usually give the coach the timeout in that situation. This wasn't a one time thing and honestly probably is better for the game. 

One thing I also thought of was that the refs are probably benefited by practice in the preseason as well, so it might be rough early in the year. 

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Weak call. But they hit the Rams with some ticky tack calls, and Dallas got away with a clear penalty on the pick. That missed call was a pretty big swing.

Really hate that we’re seeing those ticky-tack OPI penalties being called league-wide (or any ticky-tack call, for that matter). AJ Green’s game winning “push off” was weak, as well. And there was another one I saw on Evan Engram last night too that made me shake my head.