Tracking the Seattle Seahawks

NewAge

34 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I know. Miami trades their starting LT to Houston fir a first and you think well the Texans are a perennial playoff team. Then O’Brien does his thing and now Miami will get maybe a top 5 pick. Why can’t we ever luck out like that. SMH. 

That is a great point, There is real good chance that could happen.

15 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Any chance of getting at least a mid first round pick in the trade we got for the Adams trade are going out the window real fast. The Seahawks record are 6-1 And their only loss came in overtime. Even when we make a good trade we end up getting ******.

It all depends on playoffs anyway, doesn't it?

Like, if they went 7-9 and lost the superbowl, we'd still end up with a pick at 31. But if they go 15-1 and lose in the divisional round, we'd likely get pick 28, I think.

I think that's how it works. And now that half the league (slight exaggeration) makes the playoffs, it's even more about that.

33 minutes ago, TheChad said:

It all depends on playoffs anyway, doesn't it?

Like, if they went 7-9 and lost the superbowl, we'd still end up with a pick at 31. But if they go 15-1 and lose in the divisional round, we'd likely get pick 28, I think.

I think that's how it works. And now that half the league (slight exaggeration) makes the playoffs, it's even more about that.

44 % of the NFL teams will be in the playoffs. The way the Seahawks, are playing now the best we can hope fore is the 27 or 28 pick in the draft, and that is not what we hope for. If the Seahawks make the playoffs that will drop us down even further.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

44 % of the NFL teams will be in the playoffs. The way the Seahawks, are playing now the best we can hope fore is the 27 or 28 pick in the draft, and that is not what we hope for. If the Seahawks make the playoffs that will drop us down even further.

You never know what could happen. Wilson could get hurt and there goes their playoff hopes. The NFC west would probably go to the Cards and 49ers, Seattle would be battling it out for a wild card spot. 

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

You never know what could happen. Wilson could get hurt and there goes their playoff hopes. The NFC west would probably go to the Cards and 49ers, Seattle would be battling it out for a wild card spot. 

49ers are out of the hunt,  j  Garoppolo & Kittles are out for the season, they are done

J G

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

True, and with COVID around any team could be adversely affected. But in my best case scenario, Seattle does not get the bye and loses in the first round to either Arizona or LAR. In that case we get probably the 24th pick.

Question, how have the defenses that Seattle has played thus far been?  Seattle is winning because of their prolific offense but have they played anyone with a solid D yet?  They have yet to play LAR twice which fields a pretty good D.  They play Buffalo this week.

2 hours ago, xrade said:

Question, how have the defenses that Seattle has played thus far been?  Seattle is winning because of their prolific offense but have they played anyone with a solid D yet?  They have yet to play LAR twice which fields a pretty good D.  They play Buffalo this week.

Their defensive is rank 20 in the NFL but that can be deceiving, we don't know how long the Seahawks offensive, holds the ball, and keeps the Seahawks defensive on the bench, One thing is for sure  they are not the 85 Bears.

9 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Their defensive is rank 20 in the NFL but that can be deceiving, we don't know how long the Seahawks offensive, holds the ball, and keeps the Seahawks defensive on the bench, One thing is for sure  they are not the 85 Bears.

He’s asking about the defenses they’ve played not their own

11 hours ago, Dr.O said:

He’s asking about the defenses they’ve played not their own

Who knows?  Wilson can break down any defensive the guy is that good. Without Wilson. the Seahawks, are no better than a 500 team at best. He is another Warren Moon, if anybody has seen Warren Moon play you know what I am talking about about.

Edited by doumeyer