MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

Through 3 weeks, it feels like a 4 QB race.  The other position players really don't have a great chance with how QB driven the league is and the start the top 4 QB (in the MVP discussion) have gotten off to.  

Stats pulled from ESPN

CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG YDS/G LNG TD INT SACK SYL QBR RTG
Wilson 79 103 76.7 925 9 308.3 62 14 1 9 56 86.2 139
Allen 81 114 71.1 1,038 9.1 346 47 10 1 8 47 85 124.8
Rodgers 71 106 67 887 8.4 295.7 72 9 0 2 23 90.3 121.1
Mahomes 82 121 67.8 898 7.4 299.3 54 9 0 2 21 91.8 114.3

This is about how I would have them ranked based on the stats.  

Certainly W/L are going to be a factor in the end, and as of now, each QB is leading a 3-0 team.

Something to consider is the surrounding personnel.  OL gets harder to rank as a collective, so just looking at the skill positions

Wilson Mahomes Rodgers Allen
RB Carson CEH Jones Singletary
RB Hyde Williams Williams Moss
WR Lockett Hill Adams Diggs
WR Metcalf Watkins Lazard Brown
WR David Moore Hardman MVS Beasley
WR Freddie Swain Robinson Darius Shepard Davis
TE Olsen Kelce Robert Tonyan Knox
TE Dissly Keizer Sternberger Kroft

Rodgers and Mahomes are probably benefiting the most from their RB with Allen a for sure 4th in that.

The WR1 for each team is probably a wash, though I would say Diggs and Lockett would be below Hill and Adams in most rankings.   

WR2:  Metcalf > Watkins = Brown >  Lazard would be a likely ranking

WR3:  gets more muddied based on what their skill set is.  Probably Hardman > MVS > Beasley >>> Moore

TE:  Kelce is the landslide winner here over the rest with Olsen in 2nd and the Tonyan, Knox duo being the trailers.  

Going to be a fun race to keep track of and lets all hope we get to see it play out fully for the sesaon

• Like 1

Updated. Stats, Records, and Up/Down History on Page 1.

Notes:

Top 3 are super super close. While Mahomes is the dark horse and Brady is the dark dark horse. Should be a fun ride til the end of the year.

Myles Garrett is on pace for 20 sacks, an insane amount of pressures, and is a huge reason the Browns are 3-1.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

@BayRaider has Jones been that good?

I'm with you, I now got;

Wilson

Rodgers

Allen

Mahomes

Brady

Tannehill

Jackson

Jones just kind of stayed at 6 with some luck from the Tannehil/Ben bye week but he’s on pace for 2,000 all purpose yards and 24 Total TD’s. Plus he’s on a 4-0 team, unlike Kamara. 

Jones has a bye coming up though, and I doubt he will retain his spot next week. He’ll even need a big Week 6 to stay on the list. 

Edited by BayRaider

Mahomes has a good chance to catch up to the Top 3 this week when he puts up 450 passing yards, 6 passing TDs, 70 rushing yards, and 1 rushing TD against the Raiders. I know it’s a conservative prediction; and I’m kind of disrespecting Mahomes with that prediction, but I’m being bias that the Raiders can hold him under 8 total TD’s with possibly the worst defense in history of team sports. 

Edited by BayRaider

Wilson is ahead on yards, TDs, TD%, completion %, yards per pass, passer rating... pretty much everything except the A-A-Ron stat (low INT %) and fewer sacks.

Rodgers would be the clear #1 right now in most years, but not vs 2020 Wilson.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Wilson is ahead on yards, TDs, TD%, completion %, yards per pass, passer rating... pretty much everything except the A-A-Ron stat (low INT %) and fewer sacks.

Rodgers would be the clear #1 right now in most years, but not vs 2020 Wilson.

Packers fan and I agree completely. Still a lot of season left, though.