MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

I agree with you but the Packers were the last team to beat the Saints. That win, even though they were 1-1, is still a better win than any of the Chiefs' wins.

Their respective performances at Tampa Bay are pretty telling to me though.

The Saints were a mess early on without Thomas and a D that had not solidified yet.

They were a 3-2 team with wins over 3-2, 1-4, and 1-3 teams.

Beating that Saints team after Oakland beat them and 2 games before LAC took them to OT is not a big deal.

I agree with the Tampa games (for all 3 teams with less emphasis on the "Hi, I'm Tom Brady" week 1 game)

• The Saints crushed them in the rematch

Rodgers was humiliated in Tampa. His picks started the landslide.

He could not keep up with Minnesota in the rematch.

• Two failed 4th downs and a fumble

Nothing wrong with losing to the Colts in a shootout.

Mahomes lost one game 40-32, like Rodgers vs Indy, sometimes you lose a shootout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

lol what a terrible/slanted take. Their SOS and SOV are on par with each other and the Packers have the best win between the two. Talk about a disingenuous argument.

The Saints win is not the best win if you consider the teams when they played. The Tampa head to head is the best comparison.

• Tampa was 3-2 in their last 5 and coming off a loss going into both games

SoV x 9 is much less than the same SoV x 11  😎

SoS with 11 wins >> the same SoS with 9 wins.

Next level stuff here or basic common sense?

Edited by SkippyX

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

The Saints win is not the best win if you consider the teams when they played. The Tampa head to head is the best comparison.

• Tampa was 3-2 in their last 5 and coming off a loss going into both games

SoV x 9 is much less than the same SoV x 11  😎

SoS with 11 wins >> the same SoS with 9 wins.

Next level stuff here or basic common sense?

Lol

Listen, I don't really much care about who is or isn't MVP and have already said I'd have Mahomes as my MVP right now. I just laughed at your take. It's totally disingenuous to the argument. Herr derr dey were 2-0 not 6-6 when dey played, is just a **** take. 

Edited by beekay414

3 hours ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

Using opponents' record, but only valuing winning records when the games were played is stupid. It basically discounts all week 1, and many week 2 and 3 match ups, just by chance.

The Bears were 5-1 at one point in the season, but now have a losing record. If Green Bay had just been scheduled to play them a few weeks earlier then they would have "beaten a team who had a winning record at the time." But it wouldn't make any difference at all in reality.

It's a really bad argument.

Agreed. 

Anyways, this will be updated after the Bills/49ers game. 

Very close MVP race. I give the very slight lead to Rodgers, as I would say he has slightly better numbers with slightly less help... but we're talking razor thing margins here. I hope 1 creates a bit of a gap (by virtue of the other having a bad game or two), because this will be a tough MVP vote as it is now.

6 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Very close MVP race. I give the very slight lead to Rodgers, as I would say he has slightly better numbers with slightly less help... but we're talking razor thing margins here. I hope 1 creates a bit of a gap (by virtue of the other having a bad game or two), because this will be a tough MVP vote as it is now.

Packers have two primetime games left. I honestly bet it comes down to how Rodgers does in those. Particularly the Titans game.

I still have Mahomes narrowly ahead of Rodgers. However, Rodgers has plenty of time to come ahead, even possibly this upcoming week.

Mahomes has two road games straight against two tough defenses. I'd probably rank the Dolphins D the 6th-7th best in the league, and the Saints D the 3rd-4th best. However, Chiefs will end the season with two home games and two bad defenses.

Rodgers has a road game this week, but one of the worst pass defenses in the league. Then he has an average Pass D in Carolina at home, bad Pass D in Tennessee at home, and a solid Bears D in Chicago. He already destroyed the Bears once, but if the Bears want revenge, they could actually wreck Rodgers from getting an MVP, if Mahomes keeps up his end of the bargain.

It's gonna be a fun race!

8 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Slightly?