MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

13 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

So if the Chiefs win against Atlanta, lock up the bye, and bench Mahomes in week 17, does that help or hurt his chances at the MVP?

I don’t think it’ll make much of a difference, but if I’m not mistaken I think GB may be able to wrap up the 1 seed this week as well. A victory plus a Seattle loss does it for sure, and they may not even need Sea to lose.

So it’s possible for both MVP front runners to have their last audition this weekend.

11 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

I don’t think it’ll make much of a difference, but if I’m not mistaken I think GB may be able to wrap up the 1 seed this week as well. A victory plus a Seattle loss does it for sure, and they may not even need Sea to lose.

So it’s possible for both MVP front runners to have their last audition this weekend.

Nope, Green Bay would have to win this week, and Seattle has to lose.

- Green Bay win with a Seattle loss clinches.

- Green Bay winning out clinches

- Seattle winning out, Green Bay losing to Chicago, New Orleans going 1-1 (very possible scenario) and Seattle clinches

- Seattle, New Orleans winning out, Green Bay losing to Chicago, and New Orleans clinches

It's still pretty wide open atm.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Its hard to gage intent from a few lines from someone so I want to be clear about one thing:

Mahomes, Rodgers, and I would include King Henry (as he approaches the magic 2k) are all worthy of being MVP based on their incredible 2020 seasons.

• Josh Allen could finish with 4500 yards passing, 35 passing TDs, 400 yards rushing and 10 rushing TDs and he's not really even in the MVP race.

We have to pick one though so the process may make it look like we are hating on player X and Z.

My intention here is to come up with observational and analytical reasons for each player and decide who I think is ahead at the moment.

Guys like Josh Allen, Travis Kelce, Davante Adams, and Tyreek Hill should get serious offensive player of the year consideration as well.

• FYI, Cam Newton, QB/Sherman Tank Hybrid, had 28 rushing TDs after 3 seasons. Josh Allen has 25+ so far.

There are about 10 guys who have just been incredible this year.

37 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

- Seattle winning out, Green Bay losing to Chicago, New Orleans going 1-1 (very possible scenario) and Seattle clinches

- Seattle, New Orleans winning out, Green Bay losing to Chicago, and New Orleans clinches

Appreciate the info. I wasn’t sure because I know 3 way ties muddy the waters when it comes to tie-breakers.

Mahomes sitting for Week 17 would be a tricky one, we'll just have to get to that one when it comes around (if it happens). If Rodgers has two great games and wins at least one of them, not sure it'd be fair to Rodgers with Mahomes sitting out a game. Although if Mahomes sits out a game, and Rodgers gets obliterated in one of these two upcoming games with like a 0 TD 2 INT game, that's a different story.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

no matter what, beating the Bears clinches

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Appreciate the info. I wasn’t sure because I know 3 way ties muddy the waters when it comes to tie-breakers.

Basically if Seattle loses, we can clinch with a win. If Seattle wins, the Titans game is pretty much a preseason game for us. We can't clinch with a win, and we can't be passed up with a loss. The only benefit to winning the game in that case would be if Seattle lost to San Fran in week 17, we clinch regardless of the outcome of the Bears game. 

The Bears took their foot off the gas in 2010 and let a 9-6 Packers team beat them in week 17 to get in the playoffs. We beat them in the NFCCG and won the SB. I can pretty much guarantee even if we clinch this week, we're going to try and beat the Bears. If the schedules were reversed and we played Chi this week and Titans next and had clinched, that'd be a different story.

In 2011 Rodgers won MVP and we benched him in week 17, so if Mahomes gets benched week 17 I don't think it matters. Unless Rodgers goes out and does something ridiculous in Chicago. If he struggles in Chicago it probably helps Mahomes not to play.

• Like 1

He won't win but why is Josh Allen not closer in the MVP race? KC is 13-1, Bills 11-3, Packers 11-3.

Player 1 : 4,462 yards, 38 Total TDs, 5 INTs, 83.4 QBR, 67.3 completion %

Player 2 : 4,000 yards, 39 Total TDs, 9 INTs, 79.5 QBR, 68.7 completion %

Player 3 : 3,828 yards, 43 Total TDs, 4 INTs, 83.5 QBR, 69.6 completion %

He's #2 in yards, #2 in total TDs and #2 in completion %. There's obviously different stats you can pull but it seems like the talk is Rodgers/Mahomes and Allen should be right there IMO. 

2 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

He won't win but why is Josh Allen not closer in the MVP race? KC is 13-1, Bills 11-3, Packers 11-3.

He's #2 in yards, #2 in total TDs and #2 in completion %. There's obviously different stats you can pull but it seems like the talk is Rodgers/Mahomes and Allen should be right there IMO. 

Those stinkers he had to start the year really soured a lot of people

but I think he’s in the thick of things, if Bills get the first seed he get the MVP

4 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Some more analytics for same 3 players

Player 1 : 67.3 completion %, 8.2 YPA, 6.6 TD%, 0.9 Int%

Player 2 : 68.7 completion %, 7.8 YPA, 5.9 TD%, 1.8 Int%

Player 3 : 69.6 completion %, 8.0 YPA, 8.4 TD%, 0.8 Int%

I get it.. Josh Allen's rushing game is big.. And when you factor in his rushing TDs, that TD% improves a lot

But I think it's just really hard to get past the Int and efficiency metrics

He is the clear #3 IMO, with all due respect to Tannehill.. And that's still pretty good

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Allen has no case over Mahomes, and no case over Rodgers. He’s having a really good season but he’s been outplayed by those other two by enough of a margin that he doesn’t really need to be included in here. 

As an example, no one was seriously suggesting Rivers belonged in the MVP discussion with Brees and Mahomes in 2018.

11 hours ago, Archimedes said:

is there any reason why the voters wouldn't want a Co-MVP ?
And how do they get to that spot ? How close do the 50 votes need to be in order to choose the duo vs one player ?