MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

Just now, rich homie said:

Can't believe the Jets beat the Rams and ruined the Tank for Tucker

Bill O'Brien was itching to give up three 1sts for Tucker and Kenny Stills...

...but he was quickly disappointed when he found out that the Enterprise Rent-A-Car he worked for doesn't have any first round picks.

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

What you're proposing here makes no sense. If they win against the Falcons, the net gain is two weeks of rest. If they screw around to try and rest this week, the potential loss is again, two weeks of rest. The potential loss and gain makes no sense. They're not going to rest guys this week when it makes more sense to just win and get to rest guys half a month.

That's not what I said. I said the team play as usual game, but the game plan could emphasize use of the bench. I seriously doubt the possible bye even enters into game planning conversations. Interest in Kelce's possible record should keep juices up more than the potential bye. 

J

Possible preview which way the winds are blowing? Also here’s a good read via NFL next gen stats.

https://www.nfl.com/photos/next-gen-stats-compelling-figures-for-top-mvp-candidates

Note that at this point I’m not actually using either of these as a pro-Mahomes argument, just trying to get an idea of which way the voters might be leaning.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

Possible preview KC which way the winds are blowing? Also here’s a good read via NFL next gen stats.

https://www.nfl.com/photos/next-gen-stats-compelling-figures-for-top-mvp-candidates

Note that at this point I’m not actually using either of these as a pro-Mahomes argument, just trying to get an idea of which way the voters might be leaning.

It’s entirely possible they’d give it to Mahomes just for being 15-1, while having a slightly (and I mean slightlyyyy) worse season than Rodgers. 

If that happens, it would be the first MVP Selection I have ever disagreed with. Ever. Although you can’t say it was “stolen” because it’s so close to begin with. 

However, there’s still two games left for Mahomes to get to #1 on my list and win MVP. 

Edited by BayRaider

35 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

That's not what I said. I said the team play as usual game, but the game plan could emphasize use of the bench. I seriously doubt the possible bye even enters into game planning conversations. Interest in Kelce's possible record should keep juices up more than the potential bye. 

35 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

One suspects something akin to preseason games. That said, he should get at least a full half worth of snaps against Atlanta

So if you think it will be "akin" to a preseason game, but also think they will play the game "as usual" and that the bye "doesn't enter into game planning", are you saying the Chiefs plan every regular season game like a pre-season game?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I honestly don’t follow the Packers, but do they still have a weak WR core?

If so, it makes Rodgers even more impressive.

Adams is arguably the best WR in the league.

The shared #2 role has consisted of Allen Lazard and MVS. Lazard is a heady, steady, big-bodies WR who is great in the run game and a solid possession WR. Lazard also missed half the season with an injury. MVS is a dollar store Randy Moss with highly inconsistent hands that's left a few hundred yards and a couple long TDs on the field with some awful awful drops - but gets free enough deep to be a threat.

The remainder of the WR corps doesn't get much playing time due to our heavy TE usage. St. Brown is the most gifted of the rest, but started season on IR and hasn't contributed much since getting reactivated. Funchess opted out for Covid. 

If MVS achieves some consistency and Lazard hadn't gotten injured, it's definitely an above average corps. But the unit fielded through 14 weeks is probably about average and buoyed a bit by Rodgers, pass-protection, and the running game.

• Like 1

Russell Wilson in the last 7 games - 236 passing yards per game, 11 passing touchdowns (4 against the Jets), 7 interceptions, 5 fumbles lost, 12 total turnovers, 4-3 record. 

I get he had a brilliant campagin to kick off the season the first 5 weeks were brilliant, but since then he's fallen down to earth and in the past 7 games apart from the Jets game he's looked atrocious idk how he can still be in the MVP race at this point, there's just no way he should be in the Top 5 anymore, Mahomes, Rodgers, Tannehill, Brady, Allen and Derrick Henry are all people I'd put ahead of him.

Edited by JohnCena

I’m not gonna update this until tomorrow night after MNF, because I have to respect Josh Allen.

The only spoiler I’ll make is yes, Rodgers is #1 still, third week in a row. 

I’ll post a “MVP Watch Version 16.0 - The Eve Edition” and make it all fancy with graphics tomorrow. 

Also gonna do clinching scenarios. 

I assume Mahomes is not going to play next week, so it's basically in Rodgers's hands unless he absolutely screws himself over next week. Like, if he has a game against Chicago like he did against Tampa, that's about all that could flip it.