MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

6 hours ago, Kirill said:

Aaron has a clean pocket to throw from and an easier SOS and still has 3 losses. Mahomes is 15-1 against a tougher schedule and having to throw off of his back foot every snap due to a trash OL.

The Chiefs are a better team than the Packers, right? Or did the narrative suddenly flip? And now Mahomes has to overcome his own team? Is that what we're going to do?

Rodgers is having the better year. Even the eye test tells me that. That's despite Mahomes and his stylish ways. What's your o-line ranked on PFF? Honestly curious. I'd bet your pass pro is pretty high. The Packers line is better, no argument. But that crutch you're leaning on is made of balsa wood.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean, Aaron Rodgers is better so he should win it. He's better and has played better.

All Mahomes has on his side is team wins. That's won it in the past, so maybe it will again. If it does then it's an injustice and Mahomes gets an asterisk.

@Kirill

Is it me or is this dude Simonwayne? Actually, no, nevermind. Simon actually put detail into his arguments and was an A+ quality troll. This is some twitter juvenile stuff tbqh. Can't sully Simon's name like that.

6 minutes ago, rthom348 said:

The Chiefs are a better team than the Packers, right? Or did the narrative suddenly flip? And now Mahomes has to overcome his own team? Is that what we're going to do?

Rodgers is having the better year. Even the eye test tells me that. That's despite Mahomes and his stylish ways. What's your o-line ranked on PFF? Honestly curious. I'd bet your pass pro is pretty high. The Packers line is better, no argument. But that crutch you're leaning on is made of balsa wood.

The chiefs have a better QB and TE.

21 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean, Aaron Rodgers is better so he should win it. He's better and has played better.

All Mahomes has on his side is team wins. That's won it in the past, so maybe it will again. If it does then it's an injustice and Mahomes gets an asterisk.

@Kirill

So first let me just say...LOVE this sentiment. I really do.

However, speaking solely for myself, and in the complete interest of fairness and being as unbiased as possible...at this juncture of their respective careers, I do NOT think Rodgers is the better quarterback. I think they are about as neck-in-neck as two quarterbacks can be. Rodgers has the experience and has seen it all at this point, but has probably taken slight fraction of a percentage point back as far as physical abilities. Mahomes on the other hand is better physically at this time, but still has some things to learn about mastering the position to the best of his abilities (the idea that he could -- could -- get better is frankly, terrifying).

I just think Rodgers has had the better year. Like in 2016, did I think Ryan was the better quarterback? No, not overall. But he had the better season and deserved the MVP.

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

NFL Gen Mods....? This guy has been trolling this section long enough. 

The only thing I can suggest - put him on ignore. I've taken it to others for a more definitive response, but you can't stoop to his level.

So, go ahead and put him on ignore, let me deal with his nonsense.

2 hours ago, Kirill said:

Look, I don't know where you're getting these numbers from but WATCH THE GAMES. That will show you the correct answer. Or you could just look at who has the most wins. Either way, it's Mahomes MVP to lose. We'll see what happens in the final week.

Next gen stats and football reference. Do these numbers hurt your heart alittle?  Rodgers has played better, just admit it. Doesn't diminish Patty. Is Mahomes even playing last week?

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Can we get this guy out of my topic....? I’m all for debate and encourage it. Although saying Rodgers getting the award is purely due to people wanting to tarnish Mahomes legacy, over and over, is not a real argument or debate. It’s trolling. Pure 100% trolling, and you’re ruining the thread. 

NFL Gen Mods....? This guy has been trolling this section long enough. 

Dude trying to get me banned? I didn't care before but now I really hope Mahomes gets the trophy.

3 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Dude trying to get me banned? I didn't care before but now I really hope Mahomes gets the trophy.

No offense but from your involvement in this thread I'm pretty sure you were really hoping for Mahomes to get the trophy before he wanted you banned. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I mean I think Mahomes is a lot like early Rodgers. The O line is maybe not great but I see him bail out of decent pockets more then most successful QBs. That puts a lot of stress on the O line trying to hold blocks and makes them look alot worse then they actually play. 

Admittedly I have probably watched about 5 Chiefs games this year. 

They are very much like early Packers.

There is different patterns. But same trajectory.

1st year, lost in the playoffs in OT. Both teams.

Next year both teams won SB.

3rd year, GB went 15-1

3rd year KC could go 15-1.

In that window, Rodgers and Mahomes won MVP's.

3rd year when GB went 15-1, they were 1 and done. Rodgers went on to win another MVP, but not much post season success as a team after. Some wins here and there. I believe 6 in the next 9.

This could be a glimpse into KC'S future.

Edited by Bearerofnews
  • Like 1

All rankings based on QBs that'll finish with 10 or more starts on the season

Aaron Rodgers
Team Record: 
12-3 (1st NFC/T-2nd NFL)
Pass TD: 44 (1st)
Total TD: 47 (1st)
TD%: 8.8% (1st)
QB Rating: 119.4 (1st)
QBR: 83.9 (1st)
Pass Yards: 4059 (5th)