2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I do like the potential of JD & Harbough together the most. Jim has won with the type of team JD is likely trying to build.  He helped improve Alex Smith and did well with Kaepernick.  

Even more of a reason he’s be a good hire. I was listening to a press conference of his and how he wants build Michigan, he sounded like Joe Douglas. Plus he bring credibility which we are lacking.

Give him a longgggg term deal. 6 years. It’s the only way. Look at what Gruden is doing in LV? The Raiders were a disaster for a long time. He has Carr looking descent.

The Jets are not a place where first time HC should go. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Even more of a reason he’s be a good hire. I was listening to a press conference of his and how he wants build Michigan, he sounded like Joe Douglas. Plus he bring credibility which we are lacking.

Give him a longgggg term deal. 6 years. It’s the only way. Look at what Gruden is doing in LV? The Raiders were a disaster for a long time. He has Carr looking descent.

The Jets are not a place where first time HC should go. 

Man I remember Gruden's name being thrown around here every year and no one wanting him. 

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Sounds about right honestly 

When I read this I was like yup this will be our coach. Do I like it. No but then again he did have some good years in Dallas and has done well with QB's. Giants is just a one year fill in deal that he could give a poop about. 

Do you guys expect us to fire Gase in-season? Not just want to, but expect us to? The obvious points in time seem to be:

• After playing Denver on Thursday night or
  • Between the Dolphins games, so that we have the bye week

But when was the last time the Jets fired a coach mid-season? Have we ever? We might be even more pathetic than years like 2005, 2007, etc, but still.

And this is only his second year of Gase's four year contract. We look like garbage, but we did go 7-9 last year after a horrible start and that might give him a bit of wiggle room. That, and the fact that we have approximately 2 good players. And zero healthy ones.

It's going to be near-imossible to explain to the world that we're keeping Gase after the season, if he wins 4 or fewer games in 2020. But I don't really get the feeling that we'd fire him in the middle of his second season. Granted, I live far away. Is the pressure in NY enough that you think it'll happen?

5 hours ago, TheChad said:

Do you guys expect us to fire Gase in-season? Not just want to, but expect us to? The obvious points in time seem to be:

• After playing Denver on Thursday night or
  • Between the Dolphins games, so that we have the bye week

But when was the last time the Jets fired a coach mid-season? Have we ever? We might be even more pathetic than years like 2005, 2007, etc, but still.

And this is only his second year of Gase's four year contract. We look like garbage, but we did go 7-9 last year after a horrible start and that might give him a bit of wiggle room. That, and the fact that we have approximately 2 good players. And zero healthy ones.

It's going to be near-imossible to explain to the world that we're keeping Gase after the season, if he wins 4 or fewer games in 2020. But I don't really get the feeling that we'd fire him in the middle of his second season. Granted, I live far away. Is the pressure in NY enough that you think it'll happen?

Yes, I expect us to fire gase mid-season.  Not because of X's and O's, not because of W-L, but because the team has quit on gase.  He lost them, they do not play hard.  That is usually an offense that will force an immediate firing.  Sure, some players are talking politically correct about him, but the actions on the field are what matters.  Sam is regressing exponentially while Josh Allen is exploding in the opposite direction.  Sam is all on gase and anyone with a pulse can see Allen is the result of proper coaching and team management.

Thusday's game is gase's biggest game he has ever coached.  Win or at least look like a football team and he may last until the bye in week 11.  Get embarrassed again, and he may get canned on Friday.

• Like 1