Jump to content

2021's Head Coaching Candidates


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

If so... I give it couple days before he talks down to people. I’ve been told by every higher up on here, he’s not allowed on here anymore. So we will see.

 

Hard to tell if it’s him in his few posts with a new account. So I’ll let it play out before I do anything.

Really? That's a shame, he was easily one of the most intelligent people on here and I enjoyed reading his posts. He also had a source so we got some great inside info from him over the years. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if we fire Gase Jim Bob Cooter will move to OC and make Hines Ward the HC. I think Hines would at least put life in this team with his motivation. I also want to point out that the longer we keep Gase the greater our chances of picking number 1. The crazy part is no matter who the coach is the next 7 games are brutal. The best we can come out is 2-7. I think we come out 1-8 or 0-9 and then Gase is fired. The jets want to make sure we have a good run at number 1. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mattmanz91 said:

Really? That's a shame, he was easily one of the most intelligent people on here and I enjoyed reading his posts. He also had a source so we got some great inside info from him over the years. 

Intelligent Jets fan for sure. But he got himself in a bunch of arguments with about a handful of us once quarantine and all hit. Not a once of humility in the guy. If you didn’t agree with him, you were an idiot. And he’d post that. And that’s not how this forum runs. There’s ways to discuss, debate and even argue. And he didn’t have that quality. I was told by the webmaster that if he appears to make more accounts to let him know and he will shut them down.

 

The way he talks and talks (down) to people. Is easy to recognize. So I am for sure keeping an eye on that account to see any more signs before I say anything to the webmaster. Bc he can check in no time if it’s him or not. But I’ll wait and see how that account interacts before I do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think if we fire Gase Jim Bob Cooter will move to OC and make Hines Ward the HC. I think Hines would at least put life in this team with his motivation. I also want to point out that the longer we keep Gase the greater our chances of picking number 1. The crazy part is no matter who the coach is the next 7 games are brutal. The best we can come out is 2-7. I think we come out 1-8 or 0-9 and then Gase is fired. The jets want to make sure we have a good run at number 1. 

I would assume GW would be HC.  Hines is just in his second year of teaching WR's as an offensive asst. UNDER the WR/Asst. HC Jefferson.  No way Hines becomes HC.  If Jefferson takes over HC, Hines may become the WR coach in full.  Cooter will most likely be OC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, xrade said:

I would assume GW would be HC.  Hines is just in his second year of teaching WR's as an offensive asst. UNDER the WR/Asst. HC Jefferson.  No way Hines becomes HC.  If Jefferson takes over HC, Hines may become the WR coach in full.  Cooter will most likely be OC.

Agreed, when Gase is fired. I think the prudent thing would be put Gregg Williams as the HC until we finished the season. Hes been in this situation before and is the most qualified for the spot.  Then put Jim Bob Cooter as OC who has experience. 

 

After the season, I don't care if we hire a offensive mind or not. I want a coach who knows how to run a team. I would not be afraid of dipping into the college ranks either.  The Jets need to get this right.

 

In all honesty the Jets job should be intriguing to qualified candidates because of the cap flexibility, some talented young players, and the draft picks we have.  If we end up with the 1st pick and want to go Lawrence. They can trade Darnold for a good haul.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think if we fire Gase Jim Bob Cooter will move to OC and make Hines Ward the HC. I think Hines would at least put life in this team with his motivation. I also want to point out that the longer we keep Gase the greater our chances of picking number 1. The crazy part is no matter who the coach is the next 7 games are brutal. The best we can come out is 2-7. I think we come out 1-8 or 0-9 and then Gase is fired. The jets want to make sure we have a good run at number 1. 

I'm looking at the schedule right now. If we continue to look unprepared against the broncos, colts, and get blown out against the Cardinals, he's probably getting fired sooner than most of us would expect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Agreed, when Gase is fired. I think the prudent thing would be put Gregg Williams as the HC until we finished the season. Hes been in this situation before and is the most qualified for the spot.  Then put Jim Bob Cooter as OC who has experience. 

 

After the season, I don't care if we hire a offensive mind or not. I want a coach who knows how to run a team. I would not be afraid of dipping into the college ranks either.  The Jets need to get this right.

 

In all honesty the Jets job should be intriguing to qualified candidates because of the cap flexibility, some talented young players, and the draft picks we have.  If we end up with the 1st pick and want to go Lawrence. They can trade Darnold for a good haul.  

What can we get after a down season from Sam though is the million dollar question.  I'd have to think even after a down year someone would cough up a 2 for him.

If Brees retires and they want to plug and play a guy like Sam that could work for them.  I see no reason why their 2 wouldn't be fair value.  I'd bet someone would think they are able to fix him and maybe offer up more.

If we land Lawrence or Fields and trade Sam with our draft capital and cap space there is no reason said young QB shouldn't be walking into a great situation in year 1.  We have more then enough to complete the OL overhaul and add multiple weapons which has to be the one and only goal for next offseason.  2022 can be about building the defense back after we have an offense in place.  If the QB is the real deal he'll have the ability and team in the playoffs contending soon enough.

There is light at the end of the tunnel it's just a little longer of a tunnel then we had hoped.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

There is light at the end of the tunnel it's just a little longer of a tunnel then we had hoped.

Yeah, but unfortunately my tunnel is 8760 miles long and counting.  If anyone is interested in how I cam about that number let me know.  Point is, its ******* long.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Honestly unless a miraculous 180 happens Gase’s days of being the Jets HC are numbered. Broncos is a couple weeks is really our only chance to get a win. We lose that and he might be gone.

This is my prediction as well. I love that the players are starting to speak up. Darnold wont and I admire his loyalty to his coach and being company man and leader. The guys that have been elsewhere and notice that something is wrong, are simply doing us a service. When you are the owner and you depict your HC to be a brilliant offensive mind or a genius and he's asked why he didnt decide to keep his offense on the field in a 4th and 7 down in the 4th quarter and his answer is "I didnt have a play here to call" or something of that nature, how more embarrassing can it get? Gase conceded victory 3 different times sunday by not trying to score TDs or by punting when we had nothing to lose. Say what you want but that's quitting on your team. Jets seriously are struggling from a lack of leadership.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

What can we get after a down season from Sam though is the million dollar question.  I'd have to think even after a down year someone would cough up a 2 for him.

If Brees retires and they want to plug and play a guy like Sam that could work for them.  I see no reason why their 2 wouldn't be fair value.  I'd bet someone would think they are able to fix him and maybe offer up more.

If we land Lawrence or Fields and trade Sam with our draft capital and cap space there is no reason said young QB shouldn't be walking into a great situation in year 1.  We have more then enough to complete the OL overhaul and add multiple weapons which has to be the one and only goal for next offseason.  2022 can be about building the defense back after we have an offense in place.  If the QB is the real deal he'll have the ability and team in the playoffs contending soon enough.

There is light at the end of the tunnel it's just a little longer of a tunnel then we had hoped.

Darnold is gonna go to another team and become a star.  The jets failed him, hes legit but this team is trash  i much rather build a actual football team but it seems jets fans think putting a new qb will turn this team from trash to good. 

 

I'm sure Sam without gase will be much better

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Darnold is gonna go to another team and become a star.  The jets failed him, hes legit but this team is trash  i much rather build a actual football team but it seems jets fans think putting a new qb will turn this team from trash to good. 

 

I'm sure Sam without gase will be much better

 

Ya he’d go to a team that actually has NFL WRs and light it up. And we will kick ourselves in the butt for 3 whole offseason failing him with weapons. Bc “they’re not that valuable”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...