What movie are you watching?

Forge

The only thing worse than Shazam 2: Fury of the Gods is beans in Chili.  Holy crap what a flaming turd of a sequel to a movie that had so much heart, playfulness and charm.  The villains were just terribly written, the tropes were beyond hackneyed, the jokes obvious and told with no wit, the cameos forced and awkward, and almost completely devoid of the charm and heart of the first movie. 

10 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

The only thing worse than Shazam 2: Fury of the Gods is beans in Chili.  Holy crap what a flaming turd of a sequel to a movie that had so much heart, playfulness and charm.  The villains were just terribly written, the tropes were beyond hackneyed, the jokes obvious and told with no wit, the cameos forced and awkward, and almost completely devoid of the charm and heart of the first movie. 

2023: the year of the really really good super hero movies 

Fall was bad.  Two female adventurers climb a 2000 foot radio tower, and when they get to the top, the ladders break, leaving them stranded on top.  The opening was cliched, with the one girls husband falling to his death.  The girls look of being shocked and horrified wasn't convincing in the slightest.  The two girls wern't insufferable, but I didn't care for them either.  I also felt cheated at the end.  There's a few good shots, but that's it.  Only watch if there's literally nothing to do.  3/10

I saw spiderverse today 

Spoiler

But I had an incident with my oxygen tanks (faulty and ran out of oxygen unexpectedly) while there and most of my memories of it are foggy now. I’m not blown away like others are (might be in part my superhero movie fatigue I’ve had since before avengers endgame even hit). It might’ve been better for me if I’d known this was a two part movie. Spot was a really weak antagonist. All the OG’s that came back were good, including the uncle. Motorcycle chick spiderman sucked. I need more SpiderPunk. Kinda wish spiderman 2099 could’ve just gotten his own story. Funny Glover toss in. Entire theater erupted in laughter at the spiderman point joke, I haven’t experienced that to that extent; it’s kinda what makes movie going worthwhile. I’ll have to review it again later on when it’s out but for now I think an 8.6/10 is fair.

On 6/4/2023 at 12:16 AM, THE DUKE said:

that sucks to hear.. I loved the first one so much... it was,  just o much fun.. 

I will still watch theist some point just out of curiosity but sad to hear...