What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 5/4/2024 at 10:38 PM, Tetsujin said:

I watched Driving Miss Daisy recently. It’s not as good as I thought it was going to be. There’s really nothing to this movie. In hindsight you’d give Best Picture to another movie before this one, like Glory for example.

B+

It's truly a movie that relies entirely on it's leads. Morgan Freeman and Jessica Tandy are incredible in it and carry the movie(Dan Aykroyd gets a shoutout too I suppose), their friendship/how it developed is may be one of the best depictions of building a relationship in all of cinema.

Definitely agree that it winning best picture is strange though. The movie's oscar nominations probably should have stopped with Freeman and Tandy getting nominated for their performances(Tandy won I think).

• Like 1

Finally watched The Holdovers and loved it. That best supporting actress award was very well deserved.

Made me want to watch Sideways again, which is probably one of my favorite movies ever, so the wife and I watched that on Saturday night.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 11:53 PM, Malfatron said:

Top alltime favorite movies off the top of my head

1 Return of The Living Dead

2 The Toxic Avenger

3 cannibal: the musical

4 in bruges

5 seven psychopaths

6  vampire kiss

7 one cut of the dead

8 cabin in the woods

9 little shop of horrors

10 the menu

12 freddy got fingered

13 wet hot american summer

14 tremors

15 inglourious basterds

15. gremlins 2

You have to have seen Re-Animator before, right? I feel like that is squarely in your wheelhouse. Great movie.

45 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

You have to have seen Re-Animator before, right? I feel like that is squarely in your wheelhouse. Great movie.

I have not, but i will check it out

Also I forgot turbo kid should be there too

25 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I have not, but i will check it out

Also I forgot turbo kid should be there too

Some of your top movies ever are Return of the Living Dead, Gremlins 2, and Freddy Got Fingered. You're gonna love it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Finally watched The Holdovers and loved it. That best supporting actress award was very well deserved.

Made me want to watch Sideways again, which is probably one of my favorite movies ever, so the wife and I watched that on Saturday night.

I'll watch anything with Paul Giamatti tbh. Man nails everything he does.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 2:03 PM, minutemancl said:

such a cozy movie. watch that one once a year probably. 

• Like 1

Solaris_(filme).jpg

finally checking out some tarkovsky. i was hesitant because i thought it was just gonna be a really slow meditative mood piece, which i really have to be in the right mood for for it to hit. so much more enthralling than i was expecting. wasn't expecting such poetic existential dialogue for whatever reason. excited to check out "stalker" next 

@Tugboat  I just had a chance to DVR Under the Skin, excited to watch later sometime with the non edited version...😄

It is curious the "Bob Hair" cut in film history, some crazy hot ladies have worn it and it is a super cool look.  It is a freaking amazing hairstyle!