What movie are you watching?

Forge

12 hours ago, We Dem Boys said:

Starting this right now. The first one was fantastic. Probably won't be as good as the original, but still expecting a very entertaining movie nonetheless. 

I enjoyed it as much as the first one tbh.  We really get to see Matt and Alejandro in their element.  Really hoping they go through with another one as Taylor Sheridan planned it as a trilogy. 

Honestly, A Star is Born was quite underwhelming. It had its moments (Mostly through song, but I am a sucker for a good ballad), but overall it came off a bit made-for-TV ish'. I was hoping for some of that raw, real sadness and emotion that I got from Crazy Heart, but this didnt come close.

Basically its a Lady Gaga biopic with some smatterings of the more generic aspects of Crazy Heart. Everyone is gushing over Lady Gaga's performance but really she just gave a 'good for a non-seasoned actress' type performance and reiterated that she really, really can sing. But nothing about it was terribly moving. Maybe it was the scope that I disliked, showing the music scene that I least am interested in when I was hoping to see something more homely. I guess thats on me though.

For a first time directing Cooper was good, especially consitering the budget this movie had. And he was pretty good acting as well. But there didnt seem to be nearly as many truly emotional moments that were struck via dialogue rather than song. Thats too bad.

• Like 1

Just watched Carnage (2011). Pretty incredible movie lol. Think this and Birdman are the only two movies I’ve ever seen that were made to only exist within the length of the movie. Probably didn’t word that right. 

Movies can devoid of plot if the dialogue is good enough imo and this was a good case of it.