What movie are you watching?

Forge

Watching the Terrifier movie I've heard about. I keep bracing myself for a scary moment, yet I've seen nothing but sick shiz so far.

I will say this: it is a throwback to 80's horror films with the lighting and lettering in the opening credits. 

Edited by KManX89

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Watching the Terrifier movie I've heard about. I keep bracing myself for a scary moment, yet I've seen nothing but sick shiz so far.

I will say this: it is a throwback to 80's horror films with the lighting and lettering in the opening credits. 

Art the Clown! There's nothing scary about this movie, it's one big sleezy gorefest lol. I really enjoyed the movie but I'm a sucker for bad gory horror movies and that's exactly what Terrifier is. It's not pretending to be something more.

I'm still surprised the movie received so much hype. Usually the hype goes to other types of horror movies and the gore isn't anything that hasn't been done before (there is one very memorable kill though), I'm pretty sure plenty of horror fans won't like this movie. My girlfriend stopped watching after 15 minutes lol.

Edited by Chinaski_86

Saw Bad Times at the El Royale.  It was a little long, but story and acting were on point with interesting characters.  Definitely some things that I didn't see coming (including the ending).  And for all you haters, DJ looked fine in dem tight jeans.  Definitely worth a watch.  Jennifer Hudson and Chris Hemsworth were really good.

Edited by jonu62882

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

I see Super Troopers 2 is just $4 but is it bad? I’m worried it’ll be like Anchorman 2, where it sucks so bad it makes me hate the original. 

1) Anchorman 2 isnt nearly as bad as you and others make it.   Nowhere close to the first, but its nowhere near the fail levels of Dumb and Dumber Too.

2)  If you stop liking the original because you dont like the sequel of something, you are pretty narrow minded.

• Like 1

I just finished watching Apostle on Netflix. I'm usually not a fan of period horror films but I enjoyed this one. The first hour is a slow burn and builds up the suspense. The second hour is where it gets crazy, dark, violent and very bloody.

I'm looking forward to more horror movies by Gareth Evans. Don't expect any epic fighting scenes like we saw in his The Raid movies though. This is a period horror movie. 

Edited by Chinaski_86

On 10/12/2018 at 10:25 PM, Tyty said:

I see Super Troopers 2 is just $4 but is it bad? I’m worried it’ll be like Anchorman 2, where it sucks so bad it makes me hate the original. 

iiiim bliiiiind. come on. anchorman 2 was funny

super troopers 2 made me laugh out loud several times, but it doesnt compare at all to the first one. it went out of its way for fan service and much of the humor is forced

if you didnt like am2, you will hate st2

Edited by Malfatron

Saw The Invitation on Netflix.  I've liked Logan Marshall-Green as an actor going back going back to The OC.  He was great in Upgrade so I decided to give this a whirl and one word comes to mind:

CREEPY.

I feel like this is one of those things that could actually happen.