Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

3 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I wonder what position he would play.

Did you know Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates played basketball? 

19 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Doc Rivers was just talking about this the other day and said (paraphrasing) that Lebron could have been the best player ever. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Doc Rivers was just talking about this the other day and said (paraphrasing) that Lebron could have been the best player ever. 

Yep! A lot of receiving tight ends nowadays did. Heck, my buddy Raphael Edwards is a TE that used to exclusively play hoops. 

I just wonder where LeBron would be utilized. Same thing with Kawhi. I mean, Kawhi is such a good defender in basketball, is there a way to use him on an NFL defense? 3-4 OLB, maybe?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I really am not a Michael Thomas fan. Seems like suuuuuch a baby.

My god. Dude has to have the thinnest skin in the league. Somehow he thinks everyone is out to get him.

Edited by Emerica
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Yep! A lot of receiving tight ends nowadays did. Heck, my buddy Raphael Edwards is a TE that used to exclusively play hoops. 

I just wonder where LeBron would be utilized. Same thing with Kawhi. I mean, Kawhi is such a good defender in basketball, is there a way to use him on an NFL defense? 3-4 OLB, maybe?

For kawahi, I'm putting him in a 4-3 defense as an edge rusher without question. think Juluis Peppers. Same height, same frame, same freak athleticism..... 

Edited by JustAnotherFan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Would be interesting to see basketball athletes if they trained for other sports, especially if you were projecting them as guys closer to the LOS. 

Yeah, it would be interesting.  

They would have to gain a bit of weight (mostly muscle weight preferably) and this would also mean losing a bit of the burst and speed that they have now. And that's only a small part of it. It's one thing to be a freak athlete but being a freak athlete and good technique and knowledge of the game is another. See these college draftees that jump out of swimming pools for example. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yes because the opinion of a Basketball coach means what exactly? Could Lebron have played in the NFL had he chosen that route instead of the NBA. Given his athleticism,  sure. thats absolutely a possibility. 

Saying someone would of been the best ever is a joke though. 2 totally different sports, wear and tear, potential injury,?That could no more be predicted then saying you know the winning lotto numbers.

LBJ probably either adds 25LB and goes the Julius Peppers route or plays TE. Don't really see any other positions for him to possibly thrive in TBH.

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yes because the opinion of a Basketball coach means what exactly?

I didn't say it meant anything. Ofcourse it's all hypothetical.  I was only stating what Doc rivers said in response to the tweet that was posted.

Edited by JustAnotherFan

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yeah, it would be interesting.  

They would have to gain a bit of weight (mostly muscle weight preferably) and this would also mean losing a bit of the burst and speed that they have now. And that's only a small part of it. It's one thing to be a freak athlete but being a freak athlete and good technique and knowledge of the game is another. See these college draftees that jump out of swimming pools for example. 

Yeah, it’s a whole different ball game (literally...). I like watching UFC players try to make football moves or basketball players try to play baseball. Some can do it without embarrassing themselves but many can’t. Hard to re-write that type of muscle memory and sculpting into a specific athlete when it’s been ingrained for so many years. Not sure it translates, but we can all wonder. 

I personally think if you put LeBron james on a LOS, even after he did gain a bit of weight, it would quickly clear your mind.

He'd get pushed so far backwards he'd enter the field from the opposite end. It's SO much technique and experience-based.

But that's just my opinion.