Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So you looked at it in terms of fantasy, and that's a different conversation.

But they have drafted outside the first round: AB, Sanders, Bryant and Wallace from 2010 on. Brown was the best WR in the game for a period, Wallace had multiple 1,000 yard seasons, Sanders was one of the most productive WRs in the game for a stretch and Bryant proved he was a threat before his career went haywire and was on a nice pace his season season. The point was that no one is going to say Big Ben didn't have talented WRs to throw to as he certainly did and all these guys mentioned came outside of the first round. Same applies to Rodgers. 

I’m saying Steelers aren’t good at it. They’ve thrown a **** ton of darts and got a smaller percentage of hits than other teams in the same time period. I know Fantasy doesn’t always instantly transition. I just always hear the Steelers are good at drafting and developing WRs but that’s not really even that true. 

Wasn’t arguing your point about talent though. I agree Rodgers was given lots of talent outside of Round 1. 

21 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I’m saying Steelers aren’t good at it. They’ve thrown a **** ton of darts and got a smaller percentage of hits than other teams in the same time period. I know Fantasy doesn’t always instantly transition. I just always hear the Steelers are good at drafting and developing WRs but that’s not really even that true. 

Wasn’t arguing your point about talent though. I agree Rodgers was given lots of talent outside of Round 1. 

But you don't need to hit on all picks and I'm not sure why you are including 7th round picks. There is a reason why most draft picks after a certain draft slot are not likely to contribute. Steelers missed on Coates for sure and guys like Wheaton. But overall they have hit on a very solid amount of mid-late round WRs. Book is still out on Washington and Johnson. 

Now compare the WRs the 49ers have drafted since 2010 and you will see just how well a team like the Steelers have done in the last 10 or so years in getting WRs after the first round. 

43 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

You’re wrong.

9 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

from Warren Sharp twitter

Since hiring Andy Reid in 2013...
Kansas City has league’s best record against Divisional opponents at 32-10, including a 27 - 3 record over the past 5 seasons.

soft division, asterisk the playoff appearances! xD

• Like 1

Bears bashing on Trubisky and Mahomes is well deserved but it lets the other 29 teams off easy. These guys did not get picked at 1,2 ,3 in the draft. Every NFL Team besides KC screwed up the 2017 draft.  If trading to 9 gets you an elite QB then you do it in a second.

• Like 1

Much has been said about the Patriots WR being bad and not getting any separation last year and how great Brady will be with the WR in Tampa.

Evans 2.4 sep. 56.5 catch %

Godwin 2.8 sep. 71.1 catch %

*Periman 2.6 sep.  52.2 catch %

New England's horrible WR

Edelman 2.8 sep. 65.4 catch %

Dorsett 2.9 sep. 53.7 catch %

Sanu 3.1 sep. 66.3 catch %

Seems like Brady is getting a big upgrade.

*Periman is no long a Buc.