Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

It just shows how GB was able to find good to very good WRs outside of the 1st. Nelson, Cobb, Jones, Adams. Rodgers has played with talented WRs, even if they weren't 1st rounders. GB actually picked very few offensive players in the 1st for years. Since Rodgers was drafted, they had 15 1st round picks with 12 going to the D (the 3 on O were 2 OTs and Love).

• Like 1

I had a thought about Dalton being able to lose games against winning teams if Dak can't lose them that week and it made me investigate QB records vs winning teams.

Is it true that Stafford is now at 6-59 against winning teams?  (found 5-56 on Reddit from last year and added 2019's 1-3)

To be fair, Dak was something like 11-11 before putting up the 2-6 last year (but we all really enjoyed that 2-6)

Dalton is something like 21-39-1 plus a well documented 0-4 in the playoffs.

Edited by SkippyX

On 5/4/2020 at 5:03 AM, oakdb36 said:

It just shows how GB was able to find good to very good WRs outside of the 1st. Nelson, Cobb, Jones, Adams. Rodgers has played with talented WRs, even if they weren't 1st rounders. GB actually picked very few offensive players in the 1st for years. Since Rodgers was drafted, they had 15 1st round picks with 12 going to the D (the 3 on O were 2 OTs and Love).

Exactly. Just great drafting by the Packers in getting stud WRs outside of the first round. I mean look at the Steelers and all their WRs outside of the first round. They are probably the best in the league at evaluating WRs and most of their studs came outside of the first round during Big Ben's career. That stat is pretty irrelevant and just flat deceiving. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

52 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Empty backfield in the Ravens offense still means 1 RB in the backfield.

Lamar actually had a better passer rating on straight drop backs without any play action.

Lamar receiving the snap is a play action.

22 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Exactly. Just great drafting by the Packers in getting stud WRs outside of the first round. I mean look at the Steelers and all their WRs outside of the first round. They are probably the best in the league at evaluating WRs and most of their studs came outside of the first round during Big Ben's career. That stat is pretty irrelevant and just flat deceiving. 

I broke down how this is a fallacy in some way (if we think in the sense of fantasy success)

Edited by MightyMouse07
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I broke down how this is a fallacy in some way (if we think in the sense of fantasy success)

So you looked at it in terms of fantasy, and that's a different conversation.

But they have drafted outside the first round: AB, Sanders, Bryant and Wallace from 2010 on. Brown was the best WR in the game for a period, Wallace had multiple 1,000 yard seasons, Sanders was one of the most productive WRs in the game for a stretch and Bryant proved he was a threat before his career went haywire and was on a nice pace his season season. The point was that no one is going to say Big Ben didn't have talented WRs to throw to as he certainly did and all these guys mentioned came outside of the first round. Same applies to Rodgers.