Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

On 5/12/2020 at 12:38 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

What exactly is EPA? I'm wondering why Brady is so low when Edelman had comfortably the most drops of all WRs, and a couple other WRs had catch % on targets down around 60%. 

Probably cause they were short throws and it doesn't account for potential YAC

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

i remember that raiders o-line in 2016... absolute maulers along the line, hudson, penn, osemele, all playing at an all-pro level... was such a shame the only sack penn let in all year was the one that led to carr’s fracture!

just one of the most dominant, physical lines that i can remember - other lines have been better since, probably, the saints come to mind, but **** those 2016 raiders were just so physically dominant

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

i remember that raiders o-line in 2016... absolute maulers along the line, hudson, penn, osemele, all playing at an all-pro level... was such a shame the only sack penn let in all year was the one that led to carr’s fracture!

just one of the most dominant, physical lines that i can remember - other lines have been better since, probably, the saints come to mind, but **** those 2016 raiders were just so physically dominant

I enjoyed watching the Raiders that year. They were a fun team. It’s a shame about Carr.

• Like 2

As long as Philip Rivers and Tom Brady win one game this year for Indianapolis and Tampa Bay respectively. They will become the 5th and 6th QBs in NFL history to win 100+ games with one team and at least one game for another team 

1st Johnny Unitas (Baltimore Colts/LA Chargers) (despite the organizations both moving around since this time it is funny that Rivers is reversing the Unitas move) 

2nd Joe Montana (San Francisco 49ers/Kansas City Chiefs) 

3rd Brett Favre (Green Bay Packers/New York Jets/Minnesota Vikings) 

4th Peyton Manning (Indianapolis Colts/Denver Broncos) 

22 minutes ago, Starless said:

I get that there was no way they could pay him what he was worth, but god, the Pats got absolutely fleeced when they traded this guy away. 

No way in hell is a a Hall of Famer in my eyes, but yes the Pats could have absolutely used him these last few years. Ah yes, back when there was a lot of young talent on the defense, and the question was "Wow, how can they keep them all!?" Oh wait, BB troll job, they kept none of them except Hightower.

7 minutes ago, DannyB said:

No way in hell is a a Hall of Famer in my eyes, but yes the Pats could have absolutely used him these last few years. Ah yes, back when there was a lot of young talent on the defense, and the question was "Wow, how can they keep them all!?" Oh wait, BB troll job, they kept none of them except Hightower.

It wasn't so much the fact that they traded him as the pitiful return. A low 2nd rounder and a washout guard who never played a down for them? Bah! Sure, they turned that 2nd into Joe Thuney and Malcolm Mitchell, but with the proper return, they could've restocked multiple positions for years to come. 

He probably wasn't ever going to fully reach his potential in Matt Patricia's defense, but in the scheme they've run the last two years, with Flores and Steve B. calling the plays? Probably 18-20 sacks each year. 

Edited by Starless