Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

23 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Most fans are also up in their feelings about this. It doesn't have to be funny/witty, that is not the point of "getting destroyed" Thomas just hit him with the brutal truth of Parker being a vastly inferior player to him.

LOL, in their feelings for what reason? Parker wasn't the one who responded to Thomas, he answered a question posed on IG. It was Thomas who was hurt enough at his answer to respond. Great "destroying" that went on there!!! 

• Like 3

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

LOL, in their feelings for what reason? Parker wasn't the one who responded to Thomas, he answered a question posed on IG. It was Thomas who was hurt enough at his answer to respond. Great "destroying" that went on there!!! 

As mentioned nobody is saying it wasn't "mean" and" uncalled for", or that Thomas didn't start it, but Parker tried responding back with something and got destroyed in the process. It sure was though thanks for agreeing lol

Bahahaha! Saints fan trying to defend Michael Thomas.

Dude, this has nothing to do with Thomas either being or not being a good receiver. No bleep Sherlock.

It's that Parker simply answered a 50/50 question, where the whole point was it's a close call between two fantastic players. Furthermore, Parker's a WR so he probably more closely relates to how hard it is to go up against an elite CB. Then Thomas feels like he has to chase him down on Twitter and starts barking at him. What a child, what a freaking baby.

And then YOU, Saints fan(s), try to laugh it off by being like "Yeah, hahaha, Thomas is soooo much better than Parker, looooollll! Look at these stats that talk about how good Thomas is!" Jesus.

To draw an analog while this Last Dance stuff is relevant: Imagine, Twitter was around when Jordan was dominating. There are those videos of him playing around with those 12 year old kids at his b-ball daycamps, like trying to shoot the ball and he's playfully swatting it away and stuff.

Then later on Twitter the kid just posts something like "Oh man, I almost scored one, haha!" and then Michael swoops and is like, "No you didn't. You weren't even close. I'm much better than you at basketball even if you scored it's only because I let you. I'm the best." Which is, obviously, pathetic. Then FURTHERMORE...the "Saints Fan" (in this situation, a Bulls fan), is then like "Jordan OWWWNED THAT KID! He's right, he's so much better! Look at this stats, Jordan is SO GOOD!"

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I hate Saints fans. 

Meh...I feel like they generally seem no more or less annoying than most other fanbases. They all have their crazy ones, and reasonable ones.

54 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Actually no, he didn't destroy Parker there. He is the one that got butt hurt that Parker chose the other option....Something he has actually done. If Parker isn't on his level, then no need to even address that. Thomas as usual is always in his feelings...Which hey great, helps him be the type of player he is but make no mistake, he didn't do any destroying here. 

Yeah, Michael Thomas looks like an idiot. In no way did he destroy DP.... Parker plays against Gilmore twice a year, more of a sign of respect there imo and Thomas comes in looking like a sensitive baby. Pathetic. By all means play with a chip on your shoulder, but maybe be a little more respectful. Big ask for him

8 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Bahahaha! Saints fan trying to defend Michael Thomas.

Dude, this has nothing to do with Thomas either being or not being a good receiver. No bleep Sherlock.

It's that Parker simply answered a 50/50 question, where the whole point was it's a close call between two fantastic players. Furthermore, Parker's a WR so he probably more closely relates to how hard it is to go up against an elite CB. Then Thomas feels like he has to chase him down on Twitter and starts barking at him. What a child, what a freaking baby.

And then YOU, Saints fan(s), try to laugh it off by being like "Yeah, hahaha, Thomas is soooo much better than Parker, looooollll! Look at these stats that talk about how good Thomas is!" Jesus.

To draw an analog while this Last Dance stuff is relevant: Imagine, Twitter was around when Jordan was dominating. There are those videos of him playing around with those 12 year old kids at his b-ball daycamps, like trying to shoot the ball and he's playfully swatting it away and stuff.

Then later on Twitter the kid just posts something like "Oh man, I almost scored one, haha!" and then Michael swoops and is like, "No you didn't. You weren't even close. I'm much better than you at basketball even if you scored it's only because I let you. I'm the best." Which is, obviously, pathetic. Then FURTHERMORE...the "Saints Fan" (in this situation, a Bulls fan), is then like "Jordan OWWWNED THAT KID! He's right, he's so much better! Look at this stats, Jordan is SO GOOD!"

Lol take a breath it's not that big of a deal, it's trash talk between 2 people who play a game for a living. That said, the analogy just isn't there. This is between two professional WR's not a Pro and a 12 year old kid. Parker tried to "clap back" at him with his 300 target comment, which then Thomas proceeded to tee off on him. Pro athletes have massive ego's this isn't some new discovery. Having the best WR in the NFL put you on blast like that is certainly going to bruise the ego.

As for the stats, I was searching for Michael Thomas on twitter (the comments from other fan bases have truly been entertaining), and posted them separately as they were unrelated to my other posts. There was some good data about just how dominant Michael Thomas has been the past few years.

Edited by tyler735

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Yeah, Michael Thomas looks like an idiot. In no way did he destroy DP.... Parker plays against Gilmore twice a year, more of a sign of respect there imo and Thomas comes in looking like a sensitive baby. Pathetic. By all means play with a chip on your shoulder, but maybe be a little more respectful. Big ask for him

It's not even whether Michael Thomas DESTROYED Parker or not. It's the fact that he felt the need to start a Twitter bitchfight in the first place.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Lol.

What reason would all of these fans of different teams have to harbor these "feelings" that "get in the way?" Kamara is also a Saint and is also a loudmouth; yet, I defend him in every 'best HB in the NFL' thread. But I won't do the same for Thomas here. He's always been a baby.

2 minutes ago, Duluther said:

What reason would all of these fans of different teams have to harbor these "feelings" that "get in the way?" Kamara is also a Saint and is also a loudmouth; yet, I defend him in every 'best HB in the NFL' thread. But I won't do the same for Thomas here. He's always been a baby.

I'd imagine it is a similar feeling that Packers fans have had with Rodgers over the years living in MN/WI I have gotten to see this first hand. Rodgers is absolutely hated by Vikings fans (and many other fans) and they will vocalize it constantly about him being a "baby, poor sport, etc", but many Packers fans love him despite the attitude that rubs many the wrong way. Things like for example Rodgers drinking grape pop in a post game interview after beating the Vikings had Vikings fans so salty on social media, but from the other side I saw Packers fans absolutely loving every second of it. I have mentioned what Thomas did was unnecessary, but it was still entertaining to see the reactions.

General rule of thumb for me...if you are going to look this thirsty for attention and be this thinned skinned about what people think in a choice that in no way diminishes you regardless of the choice they make (and not to mention just affording an elite corner the respect of being an elite corner and being a viable answer)...you can't "destroy" anyone. Your attitude and crying need for attention immediately supersedes any comeback or insult that you may deliver, regardless of how good it actually is. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Pro athletes have massive ego's this isn't some new discovery

It's not about him having a big ego. It's about him being so fragile and sensitive. If you just have a big ego, I think you'd be secure enough to just brush these things off rather than go tilting at windmills.

49 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

There was some good data about just how dominant Michael Thomas has been the past few years

I mean, yeah...he's a beast. I'd be stoked if he were on my team, fussy baby and all.