Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

NE was near the top in dropped passes but near the bottom in Matts’ chart. Meaning, according to the chart, those dropped passes - to put it simply - would’ve had very little positive impact on the outcome of the game. It’s the basis for ESPN’s QBR stat. 

Right. 

Kyler Murray is possibly the first player in NFL history to be projected for significant growth in one off season based on the performances of OTHER players.

I don’t think Murray is bad by any accounts, but why is he suddenly projected to be a top 5 QB when Minshew had a better season than him last year. Both rookies. Baker had similar hype last season and regressed despite having two pro-bowl receivers to throw to. Murray showed flashes last season, but no more than Minshew who beat out a Super Bowl MVP for the starting gig. 

Edited by DerbyRam

25 minutes ago, DerbyRam said:

but no more than Minshew who beat out a Super Bowl MVP for the starting gig. 

but that's like on New Year's Eve, telling your friend "See you next year!" when it's before midnight. I mean, yeah...technically that's true, but, come on

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

no man has had the hand of that many no.1 overall players touch his butt more. 

If you have never played QB you might think its the butt. The back of your hand is more in the taint/balls region. That dude has been fondled by nearly a billion dollars of hands. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

If you have never played QB you might think its the butt. The back of your hand is more in the taint/balls region. That dude has been fondled by nearly a billion dollars of hands. 

only ever played in the back yard and we all ran exclusively from the shotgun. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 11:06 PM, DerbyRam said:

Kyler Murray is possibly the first player in NFL history to be projected for significant growth in one off season based on the performances of OTHER players.

I don’t think Murray is bad by any accounts, but why is he suddenly projected to be a top 5 QB when Minshew had a better season than him last year. Both rookies. Baker had similar hype last season and regressed despite having two pro-bowl receivers to throw to. Murray showed flashes last season, but no more than Minshew who beat out a Super Bowl MVP for the starting gig. 

i feel the key difference is minshew's play last year exposed his limitations and probably showed a lowish ceiling whereas kyler's exposed a lot of room for growth and great things to build on

sports science has this thing knowledge of results vs knolwedge of performance that applies here

According to PFT, the Browns said the idea was just floated conceptually.  

I think its possible it happened, but the talks probably didn't go that far.  Seahawks would have been asking for a LOT more than the #1 overall pick, unless they really were that sure of Mayfield that they would rather take a chance with him than pay Russ.  

I wonder what the compensation will look like the day an elite or great QB in the middle of his prime is traded.  Gotta be at least 3 1st round picks.  It's gonna happen one day.  It'll take a QB who really wants out or a team that is bad and would rather rebuild than extend their QB to big money.