2021 Broncos Forum College Prospects Thread

broncosfan_101

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

There are lots of reasons to be down on James' time with us in Denver.   But keep in mind, his decision to opt out isn't that crazy.  Witness what the entire team decided today, even with the vaccine providing a level of protection that offers a return to normal life once the population hits a high enough %.

Unless we want to start calling out the whole team for being soft on being worried about Covid-19, especially with his situation with a newborn, maybe this can end this part of the discussion.   If the entire team is worried enough now, it certainly is hard to ding James for opting out last year.

Alexander Johnson is calling out the decision on twitter. Something is up here.

Not a great look that the team aren’t willing to attend workouts for the first year of the Paton era. I’ve been happy with the offseason so far but this could really inhibit our ability to build a winning team. 

1 minute ago, paul-mac said:

Not a great look that the team aren’t willing to attend workouts for the first year of the Paton era. I’ve been happy with the offseason so far but this could really inhibit our ability to build a winning team. 

They took a vote, majority rule. Some guys are going to disagree. That doesn’t bother me.

To me the bad look is guys going on vacations, walking around at the Masters unmasked, generally living it up but not being comfortable going to work. They are voluntary workouts but it feels very “here’s my loophole to not go to work”. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

There are lots of reasons to be down on James' time with us in Denver.   But keep in mind, his decision to opt out isn't that crazy.  Witness what the entire team decided today, even with the vaccine providing a level of protection that offers a return to normal life once the population hits a high enough %.

Unless we want to start calling out the whole team for being soft on being worried about Covid-19, especially with his situation with a newborn, maybe this can end this part of the discussion.   If the entire team is worried enough now, it certainly is hard to ding James for opting out last year.

Keep in mind I’ve taken this virus seriously from Day 1. I don’t fault Ja’Wuan for sitting at all. 

But I’m calling BS here. Players just don’t want to do offseason workouts. That’s what this is. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Keep in mind I’ve taken this virus seriously from Day 1. I don’t fault Ja’Wuan for sitting at all. 

But I’m calling BS here. Players just don’t want to do offseason workouts. That’s what this is. 

Sure, but there are likely some players where the concern is legit.     It may not be everyone, or even half - but again, this is in context where we have a vaccine, and its protection is amazingly good.    To have opted out last year is just not a decision that anyone should second guess.   It's all hindsight to do so now.    Even if it's only 20 percent of the players who are still legitimately concerned - it's 100x safer today then it was last year with the vaccine.    No player who chose to opt out should be thought of poorly for that call.   It's not like it didn't cost them millions, that's a decision no player took lightly.

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

I love his heart, but this is not the answer of a rational person.

Let's just agree it's best not to cite Alexander Johnson as having an objective, factual opinion, if he thinks the pandemic was planned, and leave it at that.  It’s said you need to be a little crazy to play ILB...check LOL. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

Will say this when it comes to players that opted out.  It all depends on the lifestyle they lived after opting out.  If James and his family remained isolated and only going out for essentials and what not, I fully understand opting out to protect yourself and family.   If he was flying out for holidays or attending gatherings that brings the motivation of opting out into question.

I have no idea what his lifestyle looked like, but the NFL was the safest profession on the planet during a pandemic.  They were testing them EVERY SINGLE DAY.  Anything short of living in his home with no outside contact other than essentials like a doctors appointment or groceries, is honestly laughable to have not come to work and an excuse not to work and more dangerous.  

Edited by germ-x

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

Will say this when it comes to players that opted out.  It all depends on the lifestyle they lived after opting out.  If James and his family remained isolated and only going out for essentials and what not, I fully understand opting out to protect yourself and family.   If he was flying out for holidays or attending gatherings that brings the motivation of opting out into question.

I have no idea what his lifestyle looked like, but the NFL was the safest profession on the planet during a pandemic.  They were testing them EVERY SINGLE DAY.  Anything short of living in his home with no outside contact other than essentials like a doctors appointment or groceries, is honestly laughable to have not come to work and an excuse not to work and more dangerous.  

Not to mention that the data shows covid really isn’t a danger to young children. Unless James’s newborn has some serious health issue (and I hope to god that isn’t the case) then opting out to “protect” the kid proves his complete inability to assess risk levels. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Brugler’s latest mock has us getting Fields at 1.9, and then Jabril Cox and Walker Little with our 2nd and 3rd. I can’t think of many situations more ideal than that.

Yeah that’d be a really good draft.