2021 Broncos Forum College Prospects Thread

broncosfan_101

6 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

Bolles is an idiot so let me know when someone with actual intelligence calls him out, if you have a problem with it then that’s your problem but the guy had a newborn who was more important to him than satisfying your machoism.

If you want to hammer him for 2019 that is completely fair and justified and he’s proven to be a bust of a signing. But nailing him to your cross for sitting out a damn football season during a pandemic, I had a newborn last year who got COVID so excuse me for being blunt but if that’s what your going to focus on that’s pathetic.

Sorry to hear about your kidding getting Covid. Hope they are ok now? 

3 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Sorry to hear about your kidding getting Covid. Hope they are ok now? 

Fine now but I sympathize with the guy for last season, doesn’t mean he gets a clean slate because he severely let the team down in 2019 and even if he has a Pro Bowl type season no way he’s a Bronco in 2022. If we traded him we’d probably have to include a higher draft pick and get little in return just to get rid of him and not sure that’s likely to happen.

51 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

Fine now but I sympathize with the guy for last season, doesn’t mean he gets a clean slate because he severely let the team down in 2019 and even if he has a Pro Bowl type season no way he’s a Bronco in 2022. If we traded him we’d probably have to include a higher draft pick and get little in return just to get rid of him and not sure that’s likely to happen.

Tbh I’d just keep him and draft a rookie in the mid rounds to redshirt with Munchak. We also have Calvin Anderson who can get involved in the competition. Depth an OT is overlooked and useful. 

On 4/9/2021 at 7:36 AM, broncos67 said:

Both of them are 100% worth trading up for when you sit at 9 and are talking about trading up to 4-7. Saying you wouldn't trade up two spots to 7 for a potential franchise QB is crazy IMO. It's two spots. It's much crazier to talk about whether trading up from, say, 20 into the Top 5 is too much.

No not crazy.  I just don't value them as much as you do.  I do not think they will be Franchise QBs.  

I’ve watched 5 players in the draft closely.  It’s Lawrence, Fields, Sewell, Chase, and Parsons.  Clearly not a big sample, but if any of them are there at #9 I am fine with the pick.

Been reading more on prospects this year.  Wish I could’ve watched more.  Will say when it comes to ILB, this class seems very deep.  Parsons is a top 10 type of talent, but waiting until 40 or trading up could be excellent value. 

Even with Denver’s CB additions, Jaycee Horn seems like a Fangio defender off of reading (haven’t watched) I could see him as a wild card pick at #9 if Denver stays. 

9 hours ago, germ-x said:

I’ve watched 5 players in the draft closely.  It’s Lawrence, Fields, Sewell, Chase, and Parsons.  Clearly not a big sample, but if any of them are there at #9 I am fine with the pick.

Been reading more on prospects this year.  Wish I could’ve watched more.  Will say when it comes to ILB, this class seems very deep.  Parsons is a top 10 type of talent, but waiting until 40 or trading up could be excellent value. 

Even with Denver’s CB additions, Jaycee Horn seems like a Fangio defender off of reading (haven’t watched) I could see him as a wild card pick at #9 if Denver stays. 

Said this in one of the early pages of this thread, but I love Jaycee Horn. I think he's exactly the kind of CB Fangio is looking for, personally.

I know the old adage is that you can never have too many corners, but I think the aggressive targeting of the position in FA tells you how they feel about this CB class.

I think if we go defense in the first round, it’ll be in the front 7

18 hours ago, UnitedInOrgange said:

No not crazy.  I just don't value them as much as you do.  I do not think they will be Franchise QBs.  

The problem is that if you don't trade up a couple of spots when you have the opportunity and they turn out to be a franchise QB, you end up with soft brown smelly stuff all over your face.

1 hour ago, jolly red giant said:

The problem is that if you don't trade up a couple of spots when you have the opportunity and they turn out to be a franchise QB, you end up with soft brown smelly stuff all over your face.

And how often will that opportunity come around. If we build this team with non-qb talent, we will more than likely our draft position will not be top ten, more likely mid-teens, then making it harder and more expensive than trading this year. 

Just now, Cutler06 said:

And how often will that opportunity come around. If we build this team with non-qb talent, we will more than likely our draft position will not be top ten, more likely mid-teens, then making it harder and more expensive than trading this year. 

That is why if the opportunity is there this year you pull the trigger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

Or we trade back and acquire future ammo for that type of flexibility.

19 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

Or we trade back and acquire future ammo for that type of flexibility.

True, that's an option but adding that ammo requires give up more talented players and you STILL have to trade for the QB anyway. 

Just now, AKRNA said:

For who? Drafting 1st rd QB's is the biggest crap shoot in the NFL. 

Well, Tony Mandrich was expected to be a stud and look how that worked out, the entire draft is a crap shoot. 

There are lots of reasons to be down on James' time with us in Denver.   But keep in mind, his decision to opt out isn't that crazy.  Witness what the entire team decided today, even with the vaccine providing a level of protection that offers a return to normal life once the population hits a high enough %.

Unless we want to start calling out the whole team for being soft on being worried about Covid-19, especially with his situation with a newborn, maybe this can end this part of the discussion.   If the entire team is worried enough now, it certainly is hard to ding James for opting out last year.