Trade Targets?

pacman5252

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Lol, Shanny trolling us probably at this point. Plus, he's probably right. SF never gets HFA without the move to Sanders, SB would have gone through GB. 

Gotta pay to play boys and girls. 

That defense and running game still rolls the Packers in Green Bay. The Packers only hope would have been the Seahawks pulling it off vs. the 49ers in the 2 vs. 5 seed matchup and then coming to GB (assuming the Packers beat the Vikings).

Edited by Striker

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

So basically they were never close. I will guarantee you it will come out later that Gutey offered no more than a 4th round pick and wanted Houston to take at least half of Fuller's remaining salary. Probably thought he was still negotiating with Bill O'Brien. 

Interesting about the money... when is the deadline for in year extensions to count towards this years salary cap?

The money want tells me they have plans to extend someone (Bak, Jones, etc etc). Unless they want it to roll over.

Edited by Green19

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

This is my problem. I'm not upset they didn't get the deal done for Fuller considering Houston wouldn't budge off asking for a 2 which is too high for someone of his caliber, but you can't tell me there weren't other options they could have explored. This wasn't just about WR either....even though it's clear that the team thinks they need to upgrade there.

Yeah .. should have had a few different irons in the fire.  I guess Fuller is the only player Gute was interested in.  Maybe we can add some more Shepard's to the mix at WR.

Just now, Green19 said:

Interesting about the money... when is the deadline for in year extensions to count towards this years salary cap?

The money want tells me they have plans to extend someone (Bak, Jones, etc etc).

They don't have the money to extend them. We're only 5.8 mil under. Maybe King. That's not enough for Bahk or Jones signing bonus. We wanted money from Houston because Fuller would've left us with about 750k and that isn't even enough to add a vet in case of injury.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Let this thread die, please.  It hurts too bad.

I’m NEVER a trade, trade, trade guy, but when we’re going to lose in the Championship game anyway, what is the 28th pick in the 3rd-7th round going to do for us anyway?

I still wish they would have tanked in 2013 and 2017 and finished the tank after firing MM in 2018.

But NFL coaches/FOs wouldn't go to that level of strategy.

Just now, Striker said:

I would assume that they did and they didn't line up with the targets that us fans throwing darts at bad teams and average to good WRs had in mind. Cap considerations are huge right now. Especially if they want any shot are re-signing anyone next year.

Lack of activity today league wide supports that for sure. Still sucks to see other contenders get deals done over the past week or so while GB does nada. REally though, the issue with this team wasn't their lack of a move at the deadline, it was their offseason/draft. Everybody knew the issues this roster faced and nothing was done to address it and to nobody's surprise, it's those same issues that continue to plague them.

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Trading for a guy and making the super bowl, but not winning the super bowl, doesn't really move the needle for me honestly.  The only things that count are draft position and championships.

How do you win championships without fielding a team capable of getting to one? 

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

I still wish they would have tanked in 2013 and 2017 and finished the tank after firing MM in 2018.

But NFL coaches/FOs wouldn't go to that level of strategy.

I’ll never condone tanking unless every single player/coach was leaving.  That carries over year to year.  Just look at teams who have tanked compared to teams who have fought.

Losing is a state of mind that’s tough to get out of.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

How do you win championships without fielding a team capable of getting to one? 

I think his point is you get that team in the offseason. Not in season.

Draft picks go to fielding a team capable of getting that. And given the cap crunch, Gb is going to want cheap rookies.

Edited by Green19