Trade Targets?

pacman5252

Just now, skibrett15 said:

yeah I mean I totally agree that defense should be where they focus.

The FO just totally disagrees and it's obvious by their actions.  From their perspective it's "we have you the smiths, clark, jaire, amos, and 2 other 1st rounders - go figure it out"

That honestly should be enough. Our HC just made a poor choice in retaining and old dog and thinking he was going to start doing new tricks.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That honestly should be enough. Our HC just made a poor choice in retaining and old dog and thinking he was going to start doing new tricks.

LaFleur did not want Pettine back.

I forget exactly what he said after the season, but it was something to the effect of they were evaluating things coach speak.  It was the type of coach speak that basically said it’s not up to me.  

If LaFleuer wanted Pettine back he would have made a no qualms vote of confidence for him instead of, “We’re evaluating.”

There IS a power struggle happening in Green Bay right now.  I just don’t know if it’s Gute/LaFleur against Murphy or LaFleur against both.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

yeah.  it's such a pervasive problem among HCs who were coordinators/assistants.  They can only see what they intimately understand, which is their side of the ball.  And then in the area they don't have knowledge of, they look for "experience" which today just means "outdated ideas and philosophies". 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

yeah I mean I totally agree that defense should be where they focus.

The FO just totally disagrees and it's obvious by their actions.  From their perspective it's "we have you the smiths, clark, jaire, amos, and 2 other 1st rounders - go figure it out"

What's sad is that it even with the lack of talent on the DL, those group of names should be enough to have even a DECENT defense instead of the 29th ranked one(by DVOA). We see far less talented defenses out here every Sunday looking far more respectable than GB.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

LaFleur did not want Pettine back.

I forget exactly what he said after the season, but it was something to the effect of they were evaluating things coach speak.  It was the type of coach speak that basically said it’s not up to me.  

If LaFleuer wanted Pettine back he would have made a no qualms vote of confidence for him instead of, “We’re evaluating.”

There IS a power struggle happening in Green Bay right now.  I just don’t know if it’s Gute/LaFleur against Murphy or LaFleur against both.

Agree. I firmly believe LaFleur doesn't have full control there. 

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

What's sad is that it even with the lack of talent on the DL, those group of names should be enough to have even a DECENT defense instead of the 29th ranked one(by DVOA). We see far less talented defenses out here every Sunday looking far more respectable than GB.

yeah it's a really bad failure on the defense's side.

They played probably their best game vs the Saints, but it was  still full of horrible tackling to the point of comedy.

14 minutes ago, Howler said:

Gute doesn't think this team is a contender. That's the only fair conclusion.  He may have a point.  Why add when you have multiple holes that you can't realistically fill?

If he thinks this team isn’t a contender then he needs to just resign cause he has failed his ONE job. 

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

yeah it's a really bad failure on the defense's side.

They played probably their best game vs the Saints, but it was  still full of horrible tackling to the point of comedy.

the fact that their best game was the one with Kamara walking to a 70 yard TD says everything.