Trade Targets?

pacman5252

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

You don't, but a "this guy got us to the championship then we lost" is a swing and a miss, not something to brag about.

Yea, but the move did work. Sanders helped SF get to the SB, and then was wide open for what was likely the game-winning TD in the SB, but Jimmy overthrew him. At the end of the day, you still have to play the game, there are no guarantees, but Sanders was a brilliant move that should have resulted in a championship with one better throw from the QB.  

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

So when does Rodgers request a trade?  I'm sure he won't, but if I was him I would want to sue for non support.

Oh yea, I would. He has no reason to stay other than the pride of playing for one team throughout his career, something he's talked about. That's out the window anyways after the Love pick. Packers might as well maximize what they can get for him. Sell high because he can't carry us anymore anyways. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Oh yea, I would. He has no reason to stay other than the pride of playing for one team throughout his career, something he's talked about. That's out the window anyways after the Love pick. Packers might as well maximize what they can get for him. Sell high because he can't carry us anymore anyways. 

Rodgers has 36 million reasons to stay at least next year. He isn't making close to that anywhere else. If I was Rodgers, I'd stay as long as I could and collect my money at this point, plus even with GB's downfalls, unless he can go to a Brady type of situation with Tampa, he has the best chance of winning another SB in green bay.

The Packers have really done Rodgers dirty the last 6 years or so.  They've invested nothing into the offense, yet we still suck on defense every single year.   And now they are making it crystal clear that we won't make a push to win another championship with him.  

He's paid well....but he'd be paid well on every team

Edited by KFP7

2 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Rodgers has 36 million reasons to stay at least next year. He isn't making close to that anywhere else. If I was Rodgers, I'd stay as long as I could and collect my money at this point, plus even with GB's downfalls, unless he can go to a Brady type of situation with Tampa, he has the best chance of winning another SB in green bay.

Don't agree here. If he were to go any team with an aggressive GM, you'd see that team go full Denver and pour every resource they have into a 1-2 year stretch of loading up around Rodgers. Then you'd see a SB appearance. 

Just now, KFP7 said:

The Packers have really done Rodgers dirty the last 6 years or so.  They've invested nothing into the offense, yet we still suck on defense every single year.   And now they are making it crystal clear that we won't make a push to win another championship with him.  

I think even before now they are making it clear with this past off season and draft. The deepest WR draft in history and you trade up to get the "future" then draft a 3rd string RB in the second round. I will never get, the spite in me almost hope's Love is a flop when his time comes just to get back at Gute.

You think this is some deep conspiracy to get rodgers to leave? I think they thought they could build on last years defense simply with the development of the guys they had. They failed. Pettine looks like a disaster he is not playing defense to win he is playing defense in hopes that the other team makes a mistake. Thats no way to coach and I don't htink he will be back. I wish he was fired already with Mike Smith taking over. Stop dropping pass rushers and DL into coverage where they look foolish and use them for what they have been doing for their entire football lives.

I think my biggest gripe here is putting all the eggs in the Will Fuller basket.

Either he's the guy you think you need to win a SB, and you negotiate up to the deadline, don't get the value you want but pull the trigger because there's no price tag for putting all your chips in for a championship.

Or you simply think he'd be a nice piece. So you kick the tires, hear the demands, maybe make a counter offer and move on.

We spent the whole time on one guy, and we never came close to getting him. Lousy FO work from a timid front office afraid to capitalize on generational talent at the QB position.