Trade Targets?

pacman5252

Keep in mind that If Funchess plays this isnt a thread unless we are still talking DL. I think Gute is kind of screwed this year with the salary cap situation. next year you potentially get Funchess. Though the team will likely be worse in other areas.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

As major an assumption as knowing the price Houston was asking?

These things leak now a days. If we were in talks elsewhere, it leaks. 

It's extremely naïve to think the front office ONLY looked into Will frickin Fuller as a trade option. There's literally an entire team of pro-personnel that eat, sleep and breathe this for weeks and months and years...

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think my biggest gripe here is putting all the eggs in the Will Fuller basket.

Either he's the guy you think you need to win a SB, and you negotiate up to the deadline, don't get the value you want but pull the trigger because there's no price tag for putting all your chips in for a championship.

Or you simply think he'd be a nice piece. So you kick the tires, hear the demands, maybe make a counter offer and move on.

We spent the whole time on one guy, and we never came close to getting him. Lousy FO work from a timid front office afraid to capitalize on generational talent at the QB position.

they clearly had no interest in a 2b or 3rd type WR.  They wanted a 1b or nothing.  And they got nothing.

4 minutes ago, Reaper said:

You think this is some deep conspiracy to get rodgers to leave? I think they thought they could build on last years defense simply with the development of the guys they had. They failed. Pettine looks like a disaster he is not playing defense to win he is playing defense in hopes that the other team makes a mistake. Thats no way to coach and I don't htink he will be back. I wish he was fired already with Mike Smith taking over. Stop dropping pass rushers and DL into coverage where they look foolish and use them for what they have been doing for their entire football lives.

At times is seems like they are sticking it to Rodgers. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

It's extremely naïve to think the front office ONLY looked into Will frickin Fuller as a trade option. There's literally an entire team of pro-personnel that eat, sleep and breathe this for weeks and months and years...

Sure other options were scouted. We'll scout Trevor Lawrence this year too. You hear when things advance from that point with the world of sources today.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

they clearly had no interest in a 2b or 3rd type WR.  They wanted a 1b or nothing.  And they got nothing.

I'd have liked a DB, DL, LB, OG, TE. Depth anywhere would've been nice. We continue to waste all this time on WR with absolutely nothing to show for it. 

I don't even think this offense needs anything more than Jones, Bahk and Lazard healthy, but it would've been nice to have Fuller if we were going to ignore the defense again, cause if we play TB, Sea or NO in the playoffs, it'll be a track meet.

10 minutes ago, Reaper said:

You think this is some deep conspiracy to get rodgers to leave? I think they thought they could build on last years defense simply with the development of the guys they had. They failed. Pettine looks like a disaster he is not playing defense to win he is playing defense in hopes that the other team makes a mistake. Thats no way to coach and I don't htink he will be back. I wish he was fired already with Mike Smith taking over. Stop dropping pass rushers and DL into coverage where they look foolish and use them for what they have been doing for their entire football lives.

Think this sums it up. I mean, they had reason to be optimistic on a lot of guys but it was always ridiculous of them to believe in their current DL group outside of Clark. They blew it there

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd have liked a DB, DL, LB, OG, TE. Depth anywhere would've been nice. We continue to waste all this time on WR with absolutely nothing to show for it. 

I don't even think this offense needs anything more than Jones, Bahk and Lazard healthy, but it would've been nice to have Fuller if we were going to ignore the defense again, cause if we play TB, Sea or NO in the playoffs, it'll be a track meet.

yeah I mean I totally agree that defense should be where they focus.

The FO just totally disagrees and it's obvious by their actions.  From their perspective it's "we have you the smiths, clark, jaire, amos, and 2 other 1st rounders - go figure it out"