Raiders/Saints MNF matchup breaks 10 year record

RaidersAreOne

I know for a fact that 300k butt-hurt Trumpsters boycotting football are a meaningless minority that will never be missed.

AFAIK these people need a new hobby because all 4 major US sports don't want them watching and never will going forward.

The ratings are still not a valid comparison with ABC thrown in the mix.

5 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Bold stance to take from a Superbowl boycotting fanbase over a missed call.

Not really, the aforementioned blown call had major implications on the game, and led to rule changes the next season because of it. I still watched the Rams look like dookie in that Super Bowl.  However, not watching for the reasons stated by people on social media this year...Really just a bunch of snowflakes not watching 😂

Considering that MNF was not on an OTA channel, this news doesn’t mean much. Don’t let your preconceived notions fool you. Viewership is down. Why precisely is that the case? Hard to say, as there are many factors. It could be a combination of boycotts, loss of interest, bad matchups, sloppy play, injuries, etc.

Here's what we do know: Sunday Night Football (national broadcast so it's apples to apples) viewership in week 1 was down 15% from last year. Week 2 was down 10%. 

Sports Media Watch tracks each week by slot so you can compare easier. If we compare average total viewership:

Week 1: dropped 7.5% from last year.
Week 2: dropped 6% from last year.

I honestly expected it to be worse, and the decline was less in week 2, so perhaps it will even out by season's end.

It's common on Twitter to issue broad proclamations asserting that you, and you alone, really know why. This ain't Twitter, so I'll leave the numbers, & you can make your own conclusions.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 11:13 PM, SkippyX said:

I know for a fact that 300k butt-hurt Trumpsters boycotting football are a meaningless minority that will never be missed.

AFAIK these people need a new hobby because all 4 major US sports don't want them watching and never will going forward.

The ratings are still not a valid comparison with ABC thrown in the mix.

To say they don't want them watching is B.S. If it were up to the 4 major sports, they would have every US citizen watching if they could. Saying they won't miss them all that much would be a more accurate statement.