Week 3: WFT (1-1) @ Cleveland Browns (1-1) - 9/27 FOX 1 pm kickoff

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Because they still needed to field a team with some veteran leadership. I think they want Schreff long term but injuries suck. Ryan I think their just giving him the respect he wants to be here their trying to show the players they will take care of the guys that deserve it but idk. I think Ryan and Brandon work the way Ron wants his guys to work. But I Think maybe with their notes for last years FA class maybe they had a better grip for this upcoming class identifying guys who are better fits and maybe their draft notes are higher on this class so they make moves this offseason to add draft captial.

Why do we need veteran leadership when the coach is just letting the other team run the clock out? Lol. He’s given up two weeks in a row now. I saw many more media members questioning it this week as opposed to last. It’s not a good look. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Why do we need veteran leadership when the coach is just letting the other team run the clock out? Lol. He’s given up two weeks in a row now. I saw many more media members questioning it this week as opposed to last. It’s not a good look. 

We haven’t looked good for years!!! I don’t agree with it but we also haven’t lost a player competing for a game we probably get nothing good out of. So I’ll take that away from it. We’re going to be whatever Haskins is and that is the evaluation. If he finds his inner franchise QB then we will be fighting late and calling timeouts. But if he’s out there with 3 picks one more a WR made a Sean Taylor hit on to break up, a fumble; I mean going out there to throw another. That’s even more painful so, Ron is doing something believe it or not. He’s protecting the QB.

Hes giving this guy a chance. Rivera is not going to bankroll his last shot and build around a Mitch Trubisky. So if he sacrificed year one I think he’s content with you me and a few fans having one more bad year. But he is giving this QB something he didn’t have to give him and that’s a season!!! He could have signed Cam a guy he loves. So we can knock the man but he’s actually done things that Dwayne should notice because he’s kept his word and he’s sticking his neck out. So if our roster sucks sorry for play above the Rim and be great!!! Because Ron deserves Trevor if Dwayne plays is to that record.

Edited by ripsean21

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

The frustrating thing is that Rivera preaches toughness, both mental and physical. To me, that means you make them fight for every inch, on every play; you play to the whistle and you play to the final gun. 

And instead, he’s throwing in the towel. They’re not down 30. They’re down two scores, and he’s just giving up. It’s like these are preseason games or something. It’s very disappointing, given all the bluster about he was going to change the character and add toughness to the franchise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

1. We were down a pretty big amount of points with little time left.

2. We had substained some significant injuries and maybe just want to get out if there and lick our wounds.

3. Tanking isn’t such a bad idea?

12 minutes ago, e16bball said:

The frustrating thing is that Rivera preaches toughness, both mental and physical. To me, that means you make them fight for every inch, on every play; you play to the whistle and you play to the final gun. 

And instead, he’s throwing in the towel. They’re not down 30. They’re down two scores, and he’s just giving up. It’s like these are preseason games or something. It’s very disappointing, given all the bluster about he was going to change the character and add toughness to the franchise. 

They were down 2 scores with practically no time left though.  Perhaps if his QB hasn’t thrown 3 ints they’d be in a position to compete.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

They were down 2 scores with practically no time left though.  Perhaps if his QB hasn’t thrown 3 ints they’d be in a position to compete.

He basically conceded the game with like 7 minutes left. He quit again. If he does this again it’s going to become an issue. 

Browns fan here to ask what you thought about the way Rivera handled the end of the game? 

I was shocked that he didn’t call the timeouts and at least try to get the ball back.  I get DH has a terrible game but I can’t believe they didn’t try to push the ball down field.  Plus it’s the Browns, if ever there was a team you can make an amazing comeback on its them. 

Big fan of the Buckeyes on your team. Terry McLaurin is a beast, definitely a guy who was a player at Ohio State but never would have guessed he would take the step in the NFL that he has. 

7 minutes ago, JDD said:

Browns fan here to ask what you thought about the way Rivera handled the end of the game? 

I was shocked that he didn’t call the timeouts and at least try to get the ball back.  I get DH has a terrible game but I can’t believe they didn’t try to push the ball down field.  Plus it’s the Browns, if ever there was a team you can make an amazing comeback on its them. 

Big fan of the Buckeyes on your team. Terry McLaurin is a beast, definitely a guy who was a player at Ohio State but never would have guessed he would take the step in the NFL that he has. 

Totally disgusted by it. He’s now done it two weeks in a row and it goes against everything they told the fans when he took over. Other fans can write it off as no big deal but I have to imagine this is eating the more competitive guys on the team alive. As a fan it’s embarrassing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Well said.  I don't know how Rivera can talk smack about culture change if he isn't going to play to the whistle himself. 

1 hour ago, JDD said:

Not good.  We thought we were getting Riverboat Ron instead of Giveup Ron.  

Even if the game is out of reach, there was no pre-season this year.  Give the team a chance to run some plays in a two minute drill setting, and tell Haskins not to worry about what happens with the plays.  We need the reps.  

Guys, I posted this in the Good, Bad and Ugly thread, but I am posting it here too.  Go look at the team summary pages.  Look at how identical every team stat is save one.  Turnovers.  We gave the ball up FIVE times, and Cleveland didn't give it up at all.  They scored 21 points off turnovers.  

You can't have that type of ball security in the NFL, and give up field position (both ways) with all of those turnovers and expect to win.  The defense did a very good job today all things considered with injuries to Young and Ioannidis, and limiting big plays through the air.  But we can't give up field position like that.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

3:06 left, following a run by Hunt, it’s 2nd and 16 on our 19. Call timeout, and then a couple more runs followed by timeouts, they’re kicking a FG with maybe 2:45 left if you hold them. Even in the event of a squib kick, you’re down two scores with the ball, 2.5 minutes, and the two minute warning. Sure, the odds are hugely against us there, especially with the way we were playing. But it’s not impossible. Dak Prescott accomplished that feat no less than a week ago.

Every team in the league calls timeouts there. That’s why it was so jarring that he didn’t. It’s why opposing fans are coming in here asking how we felt about it. It’s why multiple Ravens fans were texting me asking why the hell my team wasn’t calling timeouts and just letting the clock run out. 

I don’t think there’s any way to describe it other than “giving up.” I understand you hold Rivera in high regard, but I think you have to call it what it is. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, e16bball said:

3:06 left, following a run by Hunt, it’s 2nd and 16 on our 19. Call timeout, and then a couple more runs followed by timeouts, they’re kicking a FG with maybe 2:45 left if you hold them. Even in the event of a squib kick, you’re down two scores with the ball, 2.5 minutes, and the two minute warning. Sure, the odds are hugely against us there, especially with the way we were playing. But it’s not impossible. Dak Prescott accomplished that feat no less than a week ago.

Every team in the league calls timeouts there. That’s why it was so jarring that he didn’t. It’s why opposing fans are coming in here asking how we felt about it. It’s why multiple Ravens fans were texting me asking why the hell my team wasn’t calling timeouts and just letting the clock run out. 

I don’t think there’s any way to describe it other than “giving up.” I understand you hold Rivera in high regard, but I think you have to call it what it is. 

I'll add to this. He said in his presser that this was about evaluating our team. Well...how bout given Dwayne more snaps under center by preserving the clock? How about preserving the clock and having them run a 2 minute drill? Would be good experience, no??