QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

On 12/1/2020 at 11:46 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

If there even was a suitor (doubtful), the return would be neglible. I just think you have to give him at least another season, or rather at least let him start the next season. QBs don’t just drop off like this... Maybe it’s just our luck that Wentz is the 1st QB to inexplicably go from good to league worst in his prime, but it also could be a fluke year in grand scheme of things, where every little factor went against him and caused this horrendous play. 0 downside to finding out (and I’d still argue we don’t have a choice, I don’t think there would be anyone wanting to trade for him).

That being said, I really do just want to bench him and play Hurts for remainder of 2020. Wentz is playing awful, he has to know it. Would it be that blasphemous to just say “hey, you’re still our guy, but there’s issues we don’t think can be addressed midseason and we don’t want you to keep taking hits and furtger entraining bad habits” ? I don’t think so. Who cares if it looks like “giving up on him” or handing reigns to Hurts from outside looking in, he is getting his paycheck and if he can’t handle the fact that organization’s confidence has been shaken with him, and let’s that break him as opposed to using it as fuel, then good riddance.

If they did it that way we could then build Hurts trade value up if he plays well and use those picks to help Wentz more in the future. Wouldn't hate that idea totally. It's a win win imo

If hurts dominates then we can pull out the carpet from under Wentz and trade him lol before that deadline where we avoid all the future cap hits beside next seasons

The guy is getting paid regardless, we can’t worry about his feelings and whether the organization giving up on him will break him.

The real question:

Can this be fixed in 1 offseason? Questions along the OL, coaching/FO and WR. Unfortunately removing the coaching/FO doesn’t equate to success. It could change the entire trajectory of the team. 

34 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It is not even like Hurts was competing for the job this year. If Wentz is so mentally weak that he completely falls apart as a player because a team took a QB in the 2nd round then he is not the guy you want leading this team in the future anyways. 

8 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

why does everyone believe it then?

Because it fits the narrative of those trying to sell it? Make some kind of sense to justify this all?  Nothing I've seen since Wentz has been drafted has suggested to me he's that mentally fragile. Nothing. 

Just an easy excuse or crutch being tossed out there IMO.