So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

What isn’t true? He is bad. Anytime he has not been behind Phillys line he has been utter crap

You can conjure up narratives and pretend they're true, but...guess what! That doesn't make them true.

He hasn't been utter crap for the Bears (in spite of the horrible situation he's been placed in), and despite that even if you jump up and down repeatedly, with your fingers in your ears, proclaiming it endlessly at the top of your lungs until they bleed, it doesn't make it so. 

Anybody who watches the games, with a level head, knows that. But--HEY!--guess what! Declaring Foles' ineptitude, or proclaiming that take is an exaggeration, doesn't do absolutely anything constructive right now. It doesn't even address the topic of this thread, about the Bears drafting a first round quarterback next year. 

Edited by Heinz D.

19 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

You can conjure up narratives and pretend they're true, but...guess what! That doesn't make them true.

He hasn't been utter crap for the Bears (in spite of the horrible situation he's been placed in), and despite that even if you jump up and down repeatedly, with your fingers in your ears, proclaiming it endlessly at the top of your lungs until they bleed, it doesn't make it so. 

Anybody who watches the games, with a level head, knows that. But--HEY!--guess what! Declaring Foles' ineptitude, or proclaiming that take is an exaggeration, doesn't do absolutely anything constructive right now. It doesn't even address the topic of this thread, about the Bears drafting a first round quarterback next year. 

What are you talking about?

He has done literally everything he wasn’t suppose to do as the “veteran”.

Bad throws, terrible picks, tons of checkdowns.

By want standard has he been good? I am actually intrigued to hear this. 

34 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Yeah man, I don't know about this. He has been extremely disappointing for what he was supposed to be. Smart decisions, consistently move the chains, leadership, steady. He has been none of that & it only proves the notion that Foles' best year was in a perfect situation. Good play caller, great OL, good receivers, great TE's. 

And while I don't think harping on such is constructive, I'd argue that Windy professing his thoughts in this thread does address the topic at hand for a simple reason: if Foles continues to suck, he'll obviously take his player option next year and that MAY hinder the Bears from taking a QB in round 1. Should it? No, but there will be a few appealing corners on the board for Pace

So this is bad "news" for us.....

Latest PFF mock draft has the top 4 QBs going:

1- Lawrence

2. Fields

3. Wilson

7. Lance.

I'm not even sure we could swing a trade for Lance (who I'm not super high on), if all 4 of those QBs end up going that high. Just something to keep an eye on from a scouting/draft perspective going forward..... but we might be in a really terrible spot towards actually being able to do anything about the QB situation.

39 minutes ago, Epyon said:

1- Lawrence

2. Fields

3. Wilson

7. Lance.

I'm not even sure we could swing a trade for Lance (who I'm not super high on), if all 4 of those QBs end up going that high. Just something to keep an eye on from a scouting/draft perspective going forward..... but we might be in a really terrible spot towards actually being able to do anything about the QB situation.

That would be devastating.

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

1- Lawrence

2. Fields

3. Wilson

7. Lance.

This is a terrible thing to read before bed. Just blow the team up and jaguar our way to the top pick in 2022 (Im exaggerating but still, I'm sick of being out of meaningful playoff runs and ALSO being in draft pick purgatory for potential franchise QBs...) 

From CBS recent mock draft:

Bears surprise as six QBs go in Round 1

Round 1 - Pick 18
TEXAS A&M • SR • 6'3" / 217 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Chicago
PROSPECT RNK
87th
POSITION RNK
8th

After taking a risk -- which ultimately didn't work out -- on a quarterback with one year of collegiate starting experience, the Bears go with the battled-tested Mond, who excels inside the pocket.

1 hour ago, dafreak said:

From CBS recent mock draft:

Bears surprise as six QBs go in Round 1

Round 1 - Pick 18
TEXAS A&M • SR • 6'3" / 217 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Chicago
PROSPECT RNK
87th
POSITION RNK
8th

After taking a risk -- which ultimately didn't work out -- on a quarterback with one year of collegiate starting experience, the Bears go with the battled-tested Mond, who excels inside the pocket.

Mond in the 1st?! Gross.

• Like 1