So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

"He's passing to NFL caliber talent!"

"No ****. He's also playing AGAINST NFL cailber talent..."

"Grossman... Gator..."

Seriously though he has cleaned up a ton on the mental side. Last year his QB play was way below what his stats showed. A ton of dropped INTs, rushed his timing too much, floated a ton of balls. This year he looks like a 4 year starter, everything is smooth and he is making full field reads too. Last year was a lot of half field reads. I'm a harsh critic of his because of watching every game, but he's playing at a ridiculous level. I'm in, Trask in the 1st.

It's just...I mean...yeah, he wasn't spectacular LAST year. He's obviously better THIS year. Joe Burrow improved, from one year to the next...but there is no reasonable way TRASK HAS IMPROVED? Football fans are shockingly ignorant, at times. 

31 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It's just...I mean...yeah, he wasn't spectacular LAST year. He's obviously better THIS year. Joe Burrow improved, from one year to the next...but there is no reasonable way TRASK HAS IMPROVED? Football fans are shockingly ignorant, at times. 

The shocking thing to me is the speed of the development. Yes you are coaching kids and they can be schemed into "holes" where you make a top athlete damn hard to stop. But seeing the actual jump is crazy when you're watching some of these kids week in and week out.

My son just asked for a Trask jersey too. His first non-Bear jersey for football. Awesome. (I might have him sold on being a QB instead of a RB now too  lol)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Because getting a top 10 pick usually requires a huge trade with picks across multiple years. The Bears have too many needs moving forward to give up all those picks.

I think his point was that Pace usually will blow those picks anyway.

2 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Because getting a top 10 pick usually requires a huge trade with picks across multiple years. The Bears have too many needs moving forward to give up all those picks.

I'm not a fan whatsoever of Pace specifically his love of bad QB's, but if they're going to keep him around, no price is too steep to get a QB. If he needs to deal a ton of picks for the right one, so be it. They can't keep messing around with these tomato cans and expect to win by building a powerhouse around him, particularly because he doesn't really have an eye for offensive talent in general, no matter the position.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

It'll be interesting to see how all the Trask haters parse this one. 

I'm not a Trask hater. I actually said a while back that I wouldn't mind if the Bears took a swing on him. Only thing that concerned me was him not beating out King in HS but that's a long time ago and it looks like he's the better NFL prospect now.

10 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm not a fan whatsoever of Pace specifically his love of bad QB's, but if they're going to keep him around, no price is too steep to get a QB. If he needs to deal a ton of picks for the right one, so be it. They can't keep messing around with these tomato cans and expect to win by building a powerhouse around him, particularly because he doesn't really have an eye for offensive talent in general, no matter the position.

Landing a good QB is fun, but the entire point is to have a good QB on a rookie deal with enough resources to build a team around him. If the Bears sell multiple picks over the next few years just to get the QB, they won't have enough to build the rest of the team.

2 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Landing a good QB is fun, but the entire point is to have a good QB on a rookie deal with enough resources to build a team around him. If the Bears sell multiple picks over the next few years just to get the QB, they won't have enough to build the rest of the team.

And you're right, but they can't go another 1-2 years waiting. Their D is the oldest in the sport. They have holes at RT, RG, and LT. They have 2 good receivers and 1 is about to leave. Their RB is just okay. The QB clearly stinks. You can either go all in everywhere else and hope it works, or take another swing at QB. Especially with *this* GM I guess you COULD go that route but he has shown to be unable to build an offense resembling anything close to "good."

Do we draft a QB in the first?  Only if we feel he's the BPA.  Personally, I'd rather draft an OT, maybe a RB, or a pass rusher who could be another Hicks or Mack.  I'm not against drafting a QB with our first pick, but our track record(Trubisky, Grossman, McGown) suggest otherwise. 

14 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

Do we draft a QB in the first?  Only if we feel he's the BPA.  Personally, I'd rather draft an OT, maybe a RB, or a pass rusher who could be another Hicks or Mack.  I'm not against drafting a QB with our first pick, but our track record(Trubisky, Grossman, McGown) suggest otherwise. 

If they draft defense George should fired them Thursday night of the draft.