So it begins, do the Bears draft a 1st round QB in 2021?

dafreak

29 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Honest question:  Would you rather the Bears:

-Make the playoffs

-Lose the rest of the games and get a top ten pick

Playoffs. Always. You can't win if you don't play and anything can happen.

If they make the playoffs then that would mean the offense has gotten better.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Playoffs. Always. You can't win if you don't play and anything can happen.

If they make the playoffs then that would mean the offense has gotten better.

Agreed.  You can’t win a Super Bowl without getting to the playoffs.  I realize how this offense looks and how unlikely it is they’ll make a run in the playoffs this year and win the super bowl.  I dont want to root for them to lose, and i dont want losing to be considered acceptable in the bears organization.  Top draft picks don’t always equal success for a team.  

Now that being said, if they become mathematically disqualified from the playoffs, then I’m ok with losing out and securing best pick available.  But it playoffs/super bowl are still within reach, keep fighting for the win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

-Make the playoffs

I'd still rather them make the playoffs because losing sucks and there's no guarantee with draft picks anyway.

Yeah... my head says losing out and going top ten in the draft is best, but I get so amped up for the Bears to win after every kickoff I'd rather see getting to the playoffs and then who knows.  I would happily be a fan of what people would later call "the worst superbowl winnner of all time" than a top ten pick

3 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

-Make the playoffs

Lose.

I have no faith in Nagy and getting to the playoffs just to get the crap beat out of us isn't something I care to watch. Draft picks may bust, but I've more confident in a potential franchise QB being a decent player than Pace and Nagy getting an offense that is consistently competent. I'll take the bad season for a chance at a good stretch rather than the normal Bears purgatory.

• Like 1

Seeing as how I don't do a lot of research and mainly drop in here to read everyone's opinions I have a question, and it may seem like a dumb question but it is an honest one.  If the top offensive tackle in the draft is still available when the Bears draft but only the forth or fifth best quarterback is still available would you still draft the quarterback in the first?

I ask this as decent left tackles are never available in free agency so if a QB is drafted first either Leno or some aging vet will be on the left and maybe if we are lucky someone at least a little better then Massie will be on the right.  Now you put a rookie QB in there I am afraid that even if he survives he will get broken.

3 minutes ago, Bfan said:

Seeing as how I don't do a lot of research and mainly drop in here to read everyone's opinions I have a question, and it may seem like a dumb question but it is an honest one.  If the top offensive tackle in the draft is still available when the Bears draft but only the forth or fifth best quarterback is still available would you still draft the quarterback in the first?

I ask this as decent left tackles are never available in free agency so if a QB is drafted first either Leno or some aging vet will be on the left and maybe if we are lucky someone at least a little better then Massie will be on the right.  Now you put a rookie QB in there I am afraid that even if he survives he will get broken.

Yes. Take the BPA on offense is the way I'd go. No QB would do well in this offense. Gotta stock it up before you get your guy.

47 minutes ago, Bfan said:

If Sewell is still there (he won't be - he's going top 5) and Pace takes a QB not named Wilson, Lawrence or Fields, they should can him immediately.

• Like 1