Covid: Full outbreak, approaching 25 cases

titans0021

Just now, titanrick said:

I mean, what are the odds we have no more positive tests from this point forward?  20%  10%??

I don't see how this game gets played.

Theoretically, if Wednesday was the last of the off-site practices, we are eight days removed, so the odds should be good in theory. In reality, all of my hope is lost.

17 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

So, best-case, we’re back in the building on Sunday, then can maybe get a light workout in and a walk-through on Monday.

Then you play Tuesday night, can maybe get a full practice Friday, walk-through Saturday and play Houston Sunday.

Sounds like a recipe for a ton of injuries.

this is....insane. pruitt tested positive after a presumed 9+ days without exposure to the team. and we're going to play a game on tuesday. should not be happening and i really don't think i can watch if it does.

24 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

So, best-case, we’re back in the building on Sunday, then can maybe get a light workout in and a walk-through on Monday.

Then you play Tuesday night, can maybe get a full practice Friday, walk-through Saturday and play Houston Sunday.

Sounds like a recipe for a ton of injuries.

What kind of defense does Jim Haslett run?

58 minutes ago, Daniel said:

NFL's answer: like a forfeit, but also screws over the Bills and gets lots of players injured!

Everybody wins!

Poor Bills. 

They get two extra days of rest and planning.  Also don't have to play on Thursday ,a game players historically hated. 

Poor them

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Poor Bills. 

They get two extra days of rest and planning.  Also don't have to play on Thursday ,a game players historically hated. 

Poor them

Lol. Yeah, they get to avoid playing on Thursday! Except now they get all of the negatives of a Thursday game the following Sunday, with the added bonus of playing a Chiefs team that gets a full, normal week to prepare!

The only redeeming qualities of a Thursday night game are that both teams are equally disadvantaged by the lack of rest and prep time and that the teams get extra time to recover. A Tuesday night game leading into a Sunday game gives you all of the downside while removing the small silver linings. 

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Poor Bills. 

Poor them

the chiefs get extra time to prepare *and* both teams have the uncertainty of possibly having the game moved back if the titans have more positive tests. the bills are absolutely getting screwed here whether you want to admit it or not.

18 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the chiefs get extra time to prepare *and* both teams have the uncertainty of possibly having the game moved back if the titans have more positive tests. the bills are absolutely getting screwed here whether you want to admit it or not.

Color me still unimpressed. 

Delays to me aren't a disadvantage. 

Does it suck for a fan to not be able to see a planned game?  Yeah 

But miss me with the sadness for them. These type of "disadvantages" happen naturally in a season. Back to back road games. Back to back cross country travel. It is not ideal but it happens. 

All variables will never be equal. Someone will always have something not fair or equal. A team gets to practice in a bubble while another gets to practice in the sun and adjust to the heat. They play on turf not grass. Whatever it's always something. 

I really don't care if I sound heartless or oblivious to any one about it. 

A disadvantage to me would be if a team was allowed extra roster spots, extra times outs, significant scheduling or competitive differences.

Having your bye week moved or game delayed a day or two is an inconvenience and disturbance of routine. Is it ideal. No. Is it completely fair no. But to act like these teams are having to play with their hands tied is laughable to me. It's an angle I have yet to grasp. 

And if you are a pro and can't handle that then..I dunno what to say. 

And if roles were reversed, would I be upset, yeah. But not at some fairness. It would be because I can't watch the game as planned and got to wait. 

If that's just me so be it. 

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

What is the deal with if we just wanted to forfeit the game? Can we do that? Just not show up?

The NFL and NFLPA would be all over us if we did. The NFL for loosing additional revenue (broadcasting revenue primarily) to an already tough 2020. The NFLPA because not one player would be paid. Remember players are getting game-checks, and we don't play a game the players won't receive a dollar that week and effectively lose a 1/16 of their yearly salary. Same goes for the Bills players. The NFLPA would probably be coming after us harder than the NFL if we were to forfeit a game voluntarily.

30 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

A disadvantage to me would be if a team was allowed extra roster spots, extra times outs, significant scheduling or competitive differences.

I guess I just don’t know what word other than disadvantage you would use to describe one team getting two fewer days of practice, of preparation and recovery than their opponent. In a game that could have massive playoff implications. Especially when those two days weren’t scheduled and you own zero of the responsibility for the change.