Steelers/Titans game Rescheduled to Week 7; Steelers/Ravens to Week 8

RaidersAreOne

20 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

How does this impact fantasy leagues?  It sounds like they are going to play it a few days later?  So can you start players that play for either of these teams?  Also that will screw up when people can pick up players off of waivers and such.  

Waiting to hear that too. But, I suppose Yahoo and ESPN are waiting as well before they announce anything. If it's Monday it's business as usual. Tuesday puts an interesting wrinkle. 

1 minute ago, drd23 said:

Will be interesting to see how they fit this game in sometime else in the season given the NFL gave themselves no room by scheduling extra bye weeks to allow for such an occasion 

Titans had a bye week on week 7.

Steelers Ravens had a week 7 game and shared week 8 bye week.

Steelers-Ravens will end up playing week 8, Steelers-Titans week 7.

Steelers will end up playing 3 straight road games and 4 of 5 on the road thanks to this.  I wonder if the NFL is going to investigate what happened that someone brought it in and spread it that much.  Here we were so worried about wiping out an entire positional group and it's really random who it hit.  I'm frustrated that this kinda rewards the Titans if someone did something stupid that they shouldn't have.  I know lots of coaches have been fined for mask issues.  You have this outbreak and the Raiders thing.  I think they should look into it and take away picks potentially for these mishaps.

Won’t happen this week I just heard. That sucks. Wonder how it’s all going to work? Could get messy. 

This is one reason why having all teams have bye weeks within a two week period around Week 9-10 would really work in the NFL’s favor. I have never understood teams having 9 different weeks of bye weeks. Whoever gets a bye later in the season always has a clear advantage going into the post season. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Will be interesting to see how they fit this game in sometime else in the season given the NFL gave themselves no room by scheduling extra bye weeks to allow for such an occasion 

There’s a pretty easy workaround with this one, play in week 7 and move the Steelers/Ravens back to week 8. Ravens bye moves forward a week 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

This is one reason why having all teams have bye weeks within a two week period around Week 9-10 would really work in the NFL’s favor. I have never understood teams having 9 different weeks of bye weeks. Whoever gets a bye later in the season always has a clear advantage going into the post season. 

Absolutely agree on this, I never understood why they broke out bye weeks the way they did...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Won’t happen this week I just heard. That sucks. Wonder how it’s all going to work? Could get messy. 

It’s to do with TV money. The TV networks demand at least 13 games every weekend 

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

Agreed on this.  Especially this season the NFL should have quick worked with the NFPA and done a 2-bye-week setup at the 1/3 of the way through the season and do week 5/6 bye and a week 11/12 bye with one being done by conference, the other cross-conference/same divisions (like both N/S conference divisions going on break).

• Like 1

Of course they aren't going to do this, but it feels like it would be much easier to cancel this week outright rather than re-scheduling only Titans/Steelers.  
(EDIT: Well probably not easier due to the networks, more helpful makes more sense)

They have different byes (Titans in Week 7, Steelers in Week 8 ) so that's off the table .  Plus, what happens if the Titans or Steelers fall into another similar situation, either because of themselves or their opponent?  What happens if the same team has to have 2 rescheduled games, while the rest of the league is on track?  Both of these teams will certainly be in the playoff mix too.  No way they could just have them not play all 16 games when that final game could be a HUGE factor in who makes it into the playoffs?  

The Ravens/Titans/Steelers switch makes sense.  And that is a huge help for them, but NFL is gonna be in a tough situation if rescheduling games starts happening even more.  Hopefully the Titans situation is more cleared up by Week 5.

Edited by iknowcool

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Titans had a bye week on week 7.

Steelers Ravens had a week 7 game and shared week 8 bye week.

Steelers-Ravens will end up playing week 8, Steelers-Titans week 7.

Steelers will end up playing 3 straight road games and 4 of 5 on the road thanks to this.  I wonder if the NFL is going to investigate what happened that someone brought it in and spread it that much.  Here we were so worried about wiping out an entire positional group and it's really random who it hit.  I'm frustrated that this kinda rewards the Titans if someone did something stupid that they shouldn't have.  I know lots of coaches have been fined for mask issues.  You have this outbreak and the Raiders thing.  I think they should look into it and take away picks potentially for these mishaps.

If this is true, really sucks for you guys. The NFL definitely owes the Steelers something. I picked you guys to win the division and you are having a phenomenal underrated year at 3-0, and about to get more recognition at 4-0. 

Now three straight road games and 4 out of 5 is really gonna put a damper on things. 

I’d honestly give you dudes a 3rd Round Pick, and even that doesn’t make up for it. 

The NFL is such a joke for not being prepared for a situation like this.    

Theyre a joke for a lot of reasons, but considering how many precautions they are taking for Covid, common sense would suggest you would have contingency plans for something like this.

Obviously not.  

Edited by 43M
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

There’s a pretty easy workaround with this one, play in week 7 and move the Steelers/Ravens back to week 8. Ravens bye moves forward a week 

Dude that totally sucks for the Steelers though, who are competing for the AFCN title. Three straight road games and 4 outta 5? Steeler fans have every right to complain for the rest of the year tbh. 

2 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

It’s to do with TV money. The TV networks demand at least 13 games every weekend 

They need to restructure those terms then and stop being letting the networks control them....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Of course they aren't going to do this, but it feels like it would be much easier to cancel this week outright rather than re-scheduling only Titans/Steelers.  

They have different byes (Titans in Week 7, Steelers in Week 8 ) so that's off the table .  Plus, what happens if the Titans or Steelers fall into another similar situation, either because of themselves or their opponent?  What happens if the same team has to have 2 rescheduled games, while the rest of the league is on track?  Both of these teams will certainly be in the playoff mix too.  No way they could just have them not play all 16 games when that final game could be a HUGE factor in who makes it into the playoffs?  

It would.... but the reality is that are you going to cancel every week a team has positive tests? 

We just found out the NFL is not equipt to have a game without rescheduling even if you find positives at the earliest point in the week possible. Meaning that there is no scenario where someone tests positive where they can have the game on schedule.