Steelers/Titans game Rescheduled to Week 7; Steelers/Ravens to Week 8

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

The Titans forfeiting the game to the Steelers is better for the Titans?

Wut?

I don't think the Titans should have to forfeit but, and I'm not blaming the Titans or the Ravens because they're not making this decision, moving this game to week 7 and the Ravens game to week 8 (the likely scenario) but still giving the Ravens a week 7 bye shifts any potential divisional advantage. 

Normally the early bye would be a bad thing for Tennessee too but if we are being honest, their defense hasn't been on the right footing and Brown is out of course, plus the covid player situation. This bye week might be exactly what they need to get things right and hopefully the extra week allows Brown to get back on the field.

16 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Seems as though players aren't happy.

I imagine Ebron will be buried under a deluge of messages from sympathetic fans after his son's B-day party was impacted. The horror !
Might have to set up a GoFundMe page to cover the costs of lifelong counseling after this tragic event.
I sincerely hope they all pull through.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I imagine Ebron will be buried under a deluge of messages from sympathetic fans after his son's B-day party was impacted. The horror !
Might have to set up a GoFundMe page to cover the costs of lifelong counseling after this tragic event.
I sincerely hope they all pull through.

I was about to comment similarly lol

"Hey everyone this (apparently) large and complex party that I was going to host during COVID that can't be easily rescheduled now can't happen now because some people got sick and they had to move a game I play in to a different week. Also, I have millions of dollars."

• Like 2

5 hours ago, titans0021 said:

But also, it’s a pandemic and we’re talking about teams with what, over 100 people in the facilities? This was inevitable.

I work at a middle school where we just went back in person this past Monday. Over 500 kids plus 100+ staff in one building. Time will tell if we have outbreaks but so far the kids are doing a good job keeping their masks on and social distancing.

To expect 100+ well paid professionals to do the same is not too big of an ask imo.

A good question:

https://theathletic.com/news/titans-steelers-game-postponed-until-later-in-season-due-to-covid-19/BKWZC4Yq31NJ

Rexrode: This was always a possibility and this might be the first of many such situations.

The big question the league needs to answer is why, when it found out the Titans had a positive test Saturday, it allowed them to pile into a plane anyway and then go play a game against the Minnesota Vikings. That game taken off the board prevents virus spread and potentially less impact overall on other NFL games. Sept. 26 may be a day that ends up altering the NFL's policy on Saturday COVID-19 positives.

• Like 1

BTW, if the season isn't cancelled the playoffs and probably super bowl will 100% be impacted by players missing games due to covid. You can think of it as if a handful of players from a team just temporarily tear their ACL every time an outbreak like this happens.

The best solution would have been built in time for makeup games, the 2nd best solution is that teams must play with the players they can field, or forfeit the game if they can't.

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

BTW, if the season isn't cancelled the playoffs and probably super bowl will 100% be impacted by players missing games due to covid. You can think of it as if a handful of players from a team just temporarily tear their ACL every time an outbreak like this happens.

The best solution would have been built in time for makeup games, the 2nd best solution is that teams must play with the players they can field, or forfeit the game if they can't.

Or just cancel the game. Sure a team will have an advantage having only played 15 games but that’s also one less opportunity to drive that win percentage up and secure the playoff birth. 

16 minutes ago, Xenos said:

A good question:

https://theathletic.com/news/titans-steelers-game-postponed-until-later-in-season-due-to-covid-19/BKWZC4Yq31NJ

The big question the league needs to answer is why, when it found out the Titans had a positive test Saturday, it allowed them to pile into a plane anyway and then go play a game against the Minnesota Vikings.

I'd guess the NFL moved forward based on 2 factors.

1) Money. Each NFL broadcast is worth about $35 Million in ad revenue
2) uncertainty over false positives. They don't want to cancel, only to find out it was a testing issue vs actual infections

• Like 1