2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

18 hours ago, champ11 said:

very surprising that people are giving them decent title odds right now. that FO needs to pull a bunch of --- out of their --- to make that roster not awful. I think it's possible, but I am in wait and see mode. they have three good NBA players - one of which is coming off a major injury and one of which can't score. Steph the god and i think they will be a playoff team....but title contender? i gotta wait and see what happens this offseason 

They'll probably make the playoffs but I wouldn't give them a shot in hell at contending next year as currently constructed.

Warriors need to shore up their bench if they want to make a deep playoff run. No doubt Steph will play MVP caliber type basketball once he gets in a groove. I expect him to come out there with a chip on his shoulder especially the way people were quick to hype Dame up. Which was well deserved but seeing Dame was the best PG this year his desire to get that back will be higher than ever. Need a sound rim protector though because they have nothing. I think they go Wiseman and dont think twice about it.

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Warriors in 5!!!!!!

But yeah, very flawed roster right now. Need a few more pieces to become a legitimate contender. The core will make every playoff series hell for the opponent but the West is loaded. I think Wiggins will actually be fine and be a solid contributor. Klay may start the season rusty but he will have damn near two years to recover from his injury. I'm more worried about having to rely on Looney. If healthy, dude is good and a versatile defender. But his health is a huge question mark. Draymond is going to have to play defense at a DPOY level and I'm not sure if he is still able to do that for an entire season....I do think he can turn it up in the playoffs. I don't know, but they need to somehow get a couple rotational players with the #2 pick. 

good for the nba but tough for the dubs that this appears to be a weak draft at the top

7 hours ago, indifference said:. I think they go Wiseman and dont think twice about it.

This is pretty much where I’m at the more I watch this class.  This kids just got to much potential and is a perfect immediate fit and need.  I see more and more of a potential AD level player in him

19 hours ago, champ11 said:

good for the nba but tough for the dubs that this appears to be a weak draft at the top

Scale of 1-100, how mad will you be if they pull off a trade for Beal? I don't think they will, but IF they do? And where do you see them in the West with Beal? 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Scale of 1-100, how mad will you be if they pull off a trade for Beal? I don't think they will, but IF they do? And where do you see them in the West with Beal? 

I just think that deal is such a pipe dream for dubs fans. Wiggins is a negative value asset. Most of the fake trades I've seen thrown out I've laughed at. But if they were to get him that's huge. Top 4 seed. Not that mad tbh. Dubs aren't hateable like that at this point 

28 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I just think that deal is such a pipe dream for dubs fans. Wiggins is a negative value asset. Most of the fake trades I've seen thrown out I've laughed at. But if they were to get him that's huge. Top 4 seed. Not that mad tbh. Dubs aren't hateable like that at this point 

Obviously for the Wizards they will be worried Beal leaves in two years, but if they want a high draft pick and like someone in the draft, why wouldn't they just ship him to the TWolves? There have been talks about them potentially wanting to trade out for a proven player. TWolves have better assets than the Dubs. 

I don't see a Beal trade happening, but I do think they can find a suitor giving them in return a few high rotational players. 

44 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Obviously for the Wizards they will be worried Beal leaves in two years, but if they want a high draft pick and like someone in the draft, why wouldn't they just ship him to the TWolves? There have been talks about them potentially wanting to trade out for a proven player. TWolves have better assets than the Dubs. 

I don't see a Beal trade happening, but I do think they can find a suitor giving them in return a few high rotational players. 

Still pretty well sourced that Beal isn't going to be on the move. We'll see. NBA media wants that to happen real bad so they have something to talk about. But neither of those packages are blowing the Wizards away, IMO

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Still pretty well sourced that Beal isn't going to be on the move. We'll see. NBA media wants that to happen real bad so they have something to talk about. But neither of those packages are blowing the Wizards away, IMO

Yeah, I can see him staying put. 

Confident the Warriors can make something decent happen with that pick though. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I can see him staying put. 

Confident the Warriors can make something decent happen with that pick though. 

They have to .... they need to find some sort of finesse. I expect it to be like an Aaron Gordon level player or something like that but we will see