2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

7 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

there is like 3 teams with cap space so a lot of these players will be going to good teams for cheap, hopefully for only 1 year before teams have cap space again next year

Which is why I'm surprised KCP opted out. In a normal year it would have been the right call after how he played in the bubble, but I question that he'll get more money from another team.

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Which is why I'm surprised KCP opted out. In a normal year it would have been the right call after how he played in the bubble, but I question that he'll get more money from another team.

I think, like some other players, he wants the security of a long term contract. Which makes sense, given the nature of things currently and the uncertainty around what comes next (for the world).

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

With Klay done for the year. The Warriors will file for the DPE and get 9.3M to spend.

Warriors tax bill is going to be crazy, but they have to do it cause you can't waist another year like last year. 

It will be, but you're right.

But man, what a huge bill for a likely 2nd round exit unless they swing a really good trade.

37 minutes ago, Typical_Lions said:

Do you think it possible that they would trade for Blake Griffin? think Griffin could be successful playing with Curry.

I mean, they could. The question is, without Klay, is Griffin and his injury issues more valuable than Wiggins?

In a vacuum it's an easy call and you swap Wiggins for Griffin, but it's a tougher call now. That'd leave exactly 0 NBA caliber wings on their roster.

18 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Am I missing something? Even if the Bogi deal is dead, wouldn’t you keep Ilyasova to potentially match salaries in another trade?

Either there’s a backup plan in place where Ersan isn’t needed and you’re clearing space away from the hard cap (seems unlikely) or, it’s cost-saving incompetence. As a Bucks fan, I know where I lean.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean, they could. The question is, without Klay, is Griffin and his injury issues more valuable than Wiggins?

In a vacuum it's an easy call and you swap Wiggins for Griffin, but it's a tougher call now. That'd leave exactly 0 NBA caliber wings on their roster.

We can send them D Rose and/or Svi as well.  I would want some sort of future 1st pick like a 2025 or something like that but it could work out.