TNF: Broncos at Jets (Trevor Lawrence Bowl)

Twizlers

I said it last night. Joe Douglas and the Jets should just consider this a lost season. Pray that Sam Darnold improves his play to warrant being a franchise QB.

Decide right now, do you want to aggressively fix the offense or the defense? I think it’s a bad idea to try and plug a bunch of holes on both sides of the ball.

Become great at something and build around that. Jets used to have a fantastic defense because they dedicated their entire personality and identity to defense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I said it last night. Joe Douglas and the Jets should just consider this a lost season. Pray that Sam Darnold improves his play to warrant being a franchise QB.

Decide right now, do you want to aggressively fix the offense or the defense? I think it’s a bad idea to try and plug a bunch of holes on both sides of the ball.

Become great at something and build around that. Jets used to have a fantastic defense because they dedicated their entire personality and identity to defense.

It got us nowhere though. It’s an offensive driven league. I think Joe Douglas understands that and will continue to try and build that side of the ball.

The first step is getting rid of the failure that is Adam Gase and finding the best possible HC candidate, and if it’s a defensive guy, so be it. But we need a culture changer. Not some weird eyed offensive “genius” that’s accomplished nothing without Peyton Manning under center.

• Like 1

Regarding Trevor Lawrence - this isn't the NBA. If he ended up not meeting the expectations of a number one pick it would not surprise me at all. Really tough to evaluate a QB when most games are played where everyone on his team is better than everyone on the other team

9 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

The first step is getting rid of the failure that is Adam Gase and finding the best possible HC candidate, and if it’s a defensive guy, so be it. But we need a culture changer. Not some weird eyed offensive “genius” that’s accomplished nothing without Peyton Manning under center.

First step is NFL's coolest-looking helmet, and that box is already ticked by the Jets. Step two is moving on from Gase. 

On 10/2/2020 at 3:07 PM, MikeT14 said:

Sidetracking slightly, but that's an interesting take. I like it even though I was thinking Luck might have been just as up there. Should probably be posted in NFL Draft.

I don't know if he is, tbh, I don't get too much into college prospects, but the amount of times Trevor is mentioned every single day on this thread led me to that. I dunno

On 10/3/2020 at 8:14 AM, FrantikRam said:

Regarding Trevor Lawrence - this isn't the NBA. If he ended up not meeting the expectations of a number one pick it would not surprise me at all. Really tough to evaluate a QB when most games are played where everyone on his team is better than everyone on the other team

Watch him when he beat Alabama?