Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Might want to go look at his draft history with the Dolphins.

I think a lot of people put some of that blame at the door of Stephen Ross who is known for getting way too involved especially with early picks...

Ireland has had some misses no doubt but his work with the Saints in recent years and basically restructuring how they draft shouldn't be over looked...probably not in my top 3 choices but if we want some one who has been there and done it he makes sense.

Ireland is overrated because his time in Miami as a GM was nothing to write home about but if him being the GM is the reason we get Harbaugh then I guess I'd be on board 

Agree with Mike though I'd rather Ed Dodds. To me he's a better talent evaluator and he's got that give no F's type of personality 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Ireland is overrated because his time in Miami as a GM was nothing to write home about but if him being the GM is the reason we get Harbaugh then I guess I'd be on board 

Agree with Mike though I'd rather Ed Dodds. To me he's a better talent evaluator and he's got that give no F's type of personality 

My only concern with us going after Dodds is he almost has too much of a cutting edge for the McCaskey's...with them not having a business outside of the franchise they might not get his "aggressiveness" rather than seeing it as the edge you need these days to run a billion dollar company...part of me think Pace is so well liked by them because he has been nice & pleasant when speaking to a 90 something year old woman for the past seven years...sure isn't cause he has built a consistent winner.

30 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

My only concern with us going after Dodds is he almost has too much of a cutting edge for the McCaskey's...with them not having a business outside of the franchise they might not get his "aggressiveness" rather than seeing it as the edge you need these days to run a billion dollar company...part of me think Pace is so well liked by them because he has been nice & pleasant when speaking to a 90 something year old woman for the past seven years...sure isn't cause he has built a consistent winner.

That's fine but times have changed and I'm not sure that Virginia (God bless her) will be around for too many more years.

If you're Georgie wouldn't you rather go for broke then just continue with status quo (Pace) knowing that this approach hasn't gotten them very far in the last 7 years and that your beloved mother may not be around much longer to potentially see this team at least contend for a SB?  

Like the saying goes something along the lines of it's insanity to expect better results by doing the same old thing that has proven to not work.

7 years now of mediocre results on the field under Pace is more than enough time to realize that he's not the guy for the job

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

That's fine but times have changed and I'm not sure that Virginia (God bless her) will be around for too many more years.

If you're Georgie wouldn't you rather go for broke then just continue with status quo (Pace) knowing that this approach hasn't gotten them very far in the last 7 years and that your beloved mother may not be around much longer to potentially see this team at least contend for a SB?  

Like the saying goes something along the lines of it's insanity to expect better results by doing the same old thing that has proven to not work.

7 years now of mediocre results on the field under Pace is more than enough time to realize that he's not the guy for the job

I completely agree...just not sure they will.

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think a lot of people put some of that blame at the door of Stephen Ross who is known for getting way too involved especially with early picks...

Ireland has had some misses no doubt but his work with the Saints in recent years and basically restructuring how they draft shouldn't be over looked...probably not in my top 3 choices but if we want some one who has been there and done it he makes sense.

It's not even the Day 1 picks that I'm holding against him.  It's his Day 2 picks.  There are a LOT of major whiffs.  I mean, we're talking about guys that don't even see the end of their rookie contracts in Miami: Pat White, Patrick Turner, Jonathan Martin, and Michael Egnew.  Plus, a LARGE majority of them never got another contract after their rookie contract with the Dolphins.  I really don't see anything that would push me to pursue Ireland as a GM of choice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

All makes sense. Well, Bears sense, anyway. 

If this team ends up with Leslie Frazier as head coach, that's it, count me out. I'll root for a different underdog team until the Bears have new ownership. Being a fan of this team feels like such a complete joke.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It's not even the Day 1 picks that I'm holding against him.  It's his Day 2 picks.  There are a LOT of major whiffs.  I mean, we're talking about guys that don't even see the end of their rookie contracts in Miami: Pat White, Patrick Turner, Jonathan Martin, and Michael Egnew.  Plus, a LARGE majority of them never got another contract after their rookie contract with the Dolphins.  I really don't see anything that would push me to pursue Ireland as a GM of choice.

There are also some really good picks to have come out of that time in Miami...the point is most GMs will say if you bat 33.33% on picks you are doing pretty well...

Like I said not my first choice but also not my last.

Just now, RunningVaccs said:

Beef and cheddar croissant, extra hot peppers is the answer. 

Also, we seem like we might have a good QB, which seems to be the single biggest factor in having a team that wins for years. Developing him is going to require a head coach with offensive chops, so that any conceivable oc won't get poached and set back fields after a possible good year. 

Leslie Frazier, kindly **** right off