Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I expect you guys to keep the same energy with Poles.  I'll see you in 2 years as I laugh at how quickly you guys flip..

I am giving him 3 years. I expect some ups and downs this offseason as we have limited draft capital and a medicore cap situation.

2 years if this is a total mess.

But Poles is the GM... not my husband...if after a few year he is not the guy then he should be gone.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Well he can't blow a first rounder this year

So 1st round picks are your criteria? What if he blows the rest?

34 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

And if QB is a bust, he won't be blamed.

But Pace was blamed for choosing Long neck, Dalton, and Foles.

Poles tied himself to Fields the minute he signed here. This inadvertently meant that he thinks highly enough of Fields to take the job. Just like the HC and/or OC will.

Not only that but Fields is the most talented QB we have ever had. If Poles can't build a team around him within 3 years then he absolutely should be blamed. Now will he be blamed by the masses.....I don't know....it's hard to tell with this fan base. Which is my point.

6 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I thought you said you didn't care, son? So not only did it take just 15 minutes for you show that your the type I was referring too, but it also only took you 5 minutes to show that you really do care even after saying you didn't.

The streak you're on is about as impressive as Griese's career. Keep it up!

I can see your really hot and bothered by the takes in this thread. Have a cup of coffe and maybe a cigarette. Lay in your chair outside on your porch dreaming of better times. It'll be ok. 

Edited by GOGRIESE
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

So 1st round picks are your criteria? What if he blows the rest?

Poles tied himself to Fields the minute he signed here. This inadvertently meant that he thinks highly enough of Fields to take the job. Just like the HC and/or OC will.

Not only that but Fields is the most talented QB we have ever had. If Poles can't build a team around him within 3 years then he absolutely should be blamed. Now will he be blamed by the masses.....I don't know....it's hard to tell with this fan base. Which is my point.

I wasn't talking about me.  My criteria is if you get a two good, plus players and another starter in a draft it was a good draft regardless of round.  QBs are in their own category and you always put a priority on QB, OT, CB, Edge and Safety with ball skills.    

First round picks are most scrutinized by far.

Pace should be blamed for Glennon, Dalton and Foles.

Poles took a GM job.  There aren't that many of them.   If Fields busts for whatever reason he probably gets a chance to find a different answer at QB is all I am saying.

But like I said he gets about 2 years to turn things around- it won't be nil criticism there is always criticism - but if Bears are bad in year 3 he will hear about it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think 3 years is fair.

Poles gets 3 years to clean up Pace and Nagy's mess and get a competitive team built around Fields. If in 2025 we are still a middling team... then we probably hired the wrong guy.

For me the first year is always a free swing...these guys don't have their scouting network set up how they want and are working off a lot of now out of date information which would have been gathered with the old GM/HC & schemes in place...

I would give him 3 of his own full seasons.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

For me the first year is always a free swing...these guys don't have their scouting network set up how they want and are working off a lot of now out of date information which would have been gathered with the old GM/HC & schemes in place...

Yeah, I’m more in the 4ish seasons boat outside of an obvious unmitigated disaster. Let his first 2 draft classes get to or near the end of their rookie deals and his coaches a few years to develop talent, and then assess. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

That is fair. 3 full seasons and we judge him on 4.

5 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Im not sure why he wouldn't? Pace literally signed two and traded for the other. He also drafted Tru and overpaid Daniel. Why wouldn't he take threw blame on those?

I agree here and said the same about Nagy with Tru. 

Poles doesn't deserve any special treatment. Pace got 7 years and IMO that was too much. Maybe Nagy was tied to Pace for 2021 and if so Pace stood zero chance of keeping his job longer. But he made the team and got his first 3 years to overhaul it to boot. In the end the team got worse after one lucky year where the defense was phenomenal and carried the team. 

Im skeptical that the losing culture changes but I'll take the unknown over a pretty well known path to failure. 

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Im not sure why he wouldn't? Pace literally signed two and traded for the other. He also drafted Tru and overpaid Daniel. Why wouldn't he take threw blame on those?

I agree here and said the same about Nagy with Tru. 

Poles doesn't deserve any special treatment. Pace got 7 years and IMO that was too much. Maybe Nagy was tied to Pace for 2021 and if so Pace stood zero chance of keeping his job longer. But he made the team and got his first 3 years to overhaul it to boot. In the end the team got worse after one lucky year where the defense was phenomenal and carried the team. 

Im skeptical that the losing culture changes but I'll take the unknown over a pretty well known path to failure. 

Pace arguably deserved 7 because he inherited a crap show and had a coach forced on him.  Well 6 really.  They went 1 year too long. 

I mean Ted and George loved this guy though.  If he had done just a little better or fan outcry was a little less Pace would be there still.  

I think George is really adverse to public criticism.  He doesn’t like it and it moves him.  

24 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Pace arguably deserved 7 because he inherited a crap show and had a coach forced on him.  Well 6 really.  They went 1 year too long. 

I mean Ted and George loved this guy though.  If he had done just a little better or fan outcry was a little less Pace would be there still.  

I think George is really adverse to public criticism.  He doesn’t like it and it moves him.  

If other teams are watching, I hope they see what a crime it is to waste a year in the NFL.  If the Bears had cut loose staff that were obviously not working last year, the odds are good that a new GM still would have moved up for Fields, and we may not have bothered to have two very very average (*but in different flavors of meh) QBs on the roster.  We'd be ahead on the rebuild, and probably sitting on less dumb money going out. 

So I'm inclined to agree about George, I think to define it more narrowly he's petrifed of the Bears being embarassed. But to play my own devils advocate; WHY would you keep doing those press conferences on your own?

15 hours ago, dll2000 said:

My criteria is if you get a two good, plus players and another starter in a draft it was a good draft regardless of round.

We had a GM who did exactly this and we still have clowns running around talking about how bad he was at drafting.

QBs are in their own category and you always put a priority on QB, OT, CB, Edge and Safety with ball skills.    

You mean like Fields, Jenkins, Borom, Mack, Quinn, Jaylon, Jackson, and Gipson. Well damn it sounds like Pace left Poles with a damn good foundation to work with. Combine this with the 11th most cap space and there's no reason Poles should to make the playoffs next year, right.

Pace should be blamed for Glennon, Dalton and Foles.

But yet you said Poles shouldn't be blamed for Fields if he busts.

10 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Im not sure why he wouldn't? Pace literally signed two and traded for the other.

See...this is the the **** I'm talking about.  A GM let his HC/OC pick his QBs in Foles and Dalton after realizing Mitch wasn't the guy and your blaming the GM for it.  Okay, fine, but keep that same energy though. When Poles chooses his HC and the HC chooses his QB then I expect to hear the same amount criticism. Backup QB or not. No BS excuses or context either--which I see some people are already starting to form in other ways like "scouting network" and "draft capital" lol.

You guys criticized Pace for not "drafting OL", so if Poles doesn't draft atleast 2 of them this year (early rounds too, since that's the criteria, right?) then I expect to hear the same amount of backlash. It doesn't matter if he already has Borom and Jenkins to develop and has to address other areas neither---remember you guys bitched about him not drafting OL early in 2019 even though Leno and Massie were coming off their best seasons-- so keep the same energy.  Speaking of early rounds and the draft. Poles' 2nd round pick had better be an AP by year 2 and if any of his draft choices turn out to be busts then I expect to hear the same bitching.  You guys criticized ANY player whenever they made the slightest mistake just to fit an agenda against Pace (ie idiots calling Arob overrated for a dropping a pass lol) so I expect the same for Poles. No trading up in the draft or trading away picks in FA either. You guys loved the Mack trade but then turned around and criticized Pace for not having draft capital and cap space the following year. So I guess Poles had better start digging thru the bargain bin....oh wait....nope he better not do that either, right?

We had a GM who was one of the best at drafting and finding talent in free agency (which is hard to find...especially for a brass like McCaskey) and that's wasn't good enough. Pace just sucked at choosing a HC.  Now we have a GM who is highly unlikely to be better at drafting AND he has to pick a HC during a year when there's a **** lists of jokes at HC. But hey...the grass is always greener on the other side.

I swear, it seems like your guys' criteria only fits when you want it too. You guys just follow whatever the media tells you on twitter and FB like good little sheep.