Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

15 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Man, Jon Greenberg let Nagy have it postgame yesterday:

Nagy’s post-loss speech to the Bears players was about life lessons. It’s always a bad sign when your season ends and the message is how you can learn from failure. Especially coming from a guy who never seemed to evolve as a coach. When asked what he’s learned this year, Nagy offered up the kind of well-meaning incoherence that has defined his tenure in Chicago.

Seriously, this is his full answer to “What life lessons did you learn this year as a head coach and an offensive (mind)?”

“Probably for me as a head coach, when you go through this season, you understand the other 31 coaches are going through the COVID protocol stuff that we had,” he said. “You understand you have different positions that when you’re competing and you’re getting young guys to come in and compete. You have a coaching staff you’re dealing with. For me, probably the biggest thing is just making sure, I think, it’s not what we wanted and how did we react to that as the weeks went by? When you go through a losing streak like we did, that can be difficult and that’s challenging. Did you change? And how did you use it to get better? Did you fight through it? We did that, but at the same point in time, you always look back and say, what was your record? Did you win enough? Did you get in the playoffs to have an opportunity? Because once you get in the playoffs it’s zero and zero. We didn’t do that. I think right now at this moment, I don’t have a great answer other than being able to reflect at the end of the year when I think about it a little longer.”

Imagine living with Nagy and asking him what he wants for dinner every night. Nagy answers questions like Andy Dalton evades a jail-break blitz on fourth-and-1: he runs around for a little bit and it ends with you scratching your head. There’s a disconnect between Nagy’s brain, his mouth and reality. It’s his biggest flaw as a head coach.

“Don’t ever, for any reason, do anything to anyone, for any reason, ever, no matter what, no matter where, or who you are with, or where you are going, or where you have been, ever.  For any reason, whatsoever.”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CBears019 said:

“Don’t ever, for any reason, do anything to anyone, for any reason, ever, no matter what, no matter where, or who you are with, or where you are going, or where you have been, ever.  For any reason, whatsoever.”

I have often said when coaches speak everything sounds bad when you are losing and nothing sounds bad when you are winning.  

That being said, he got really word salady in last couple of years.

When things suck, just get like Belichick.   Say little.   Say, yeah it sucks.  I agree.  I don't know what you want me to say.  I spend 100 hours a week on this stuff.   Sucks more for me than it does for you.   

Filibustering when you are losing just really rubs people wrong way. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I expect you guys to keep the same energy with Poles.  I'll see you in 2 years as I laugh at how quickly you guys flip..

Well he can't blow a first rounder this year and doesn't have to chose a QB.  And if QB is a bust, he won't be blamed.

He should get at least a 2 year honeymoon.

I was just thinking that if Fields does pan out - it may mean Pace gets a rare 2nd shot at a GM gig.  Especially if Borom and Jenkins turn out good or one of them does.

9 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

How much attention do you need before you go away? 

I thought you said you didn't care, son? So not only did it take just 15 minutes for you show that your the type I was referring too, but it also only took you 5 minutes to show that you really do care even after saying you didn't.

The streak you're on is about as impressive as Griese's career. Keep it up!