Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

To the end, Matt Nagy was incredibly composed, respectful and pleasant in press conferences. That doesn't make him a good coach, but it's impressive as a person and I respect it. That could not have been easy, especially over the last month and a half.

I think when we look back on Nagy this will be something that is unquestionable...he is clearly a very good guy...just not a good coach.

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

To the end, Matt Nagy was incredibly composed, respectful and pleasant in press conferences. That doesn't make him a good coach, but it's impressive as a person and I respect it. That could not have been easy, especially over the last month and a half.

I think when we look back on Nagy this will be something that is unquestionable...he is clearly a very good guy...just not a good coach.

Meh. He got grossly overpaid for a position he was unqualified for and couldn't deliver on. He should be happy he got so much for such pathetic results.

7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Matt Nagy's parting thoughts "There’s a really good franchise quarterback that’s here that’s going to be here for a long time & both Ryan and I were a part of that." #Bears

Hopefully this past tense is telling.

That’s how I saw it too, though I would suspect that he’s referencing himself not being a part of the picture moving forward.

The team releasing that Pace/Nagy’s availability would be disclosed later in this evening’s press release about the 9am meetings tomorrow gave me optimism that both might be gone too - made it seem like they wanted to fire them in person before telling us about it. 🙏🤞 

6 hours ago, topwop1 said:

So ugh...when's the confirmation going to come out that at least Nagy and hopefully Pace also, is/are out?

This organization really likes to keep ppl on their toes huh?

I'm going to now flip to the assumption that no news is good news here in that it will take longer to have two meetings than one...if only Nagy is going Pace is on the other side of that table...if both are going then the discussions will take longer.

Man, Jon Greenberg let Nagy have it postgame yesterday:

Nagy’s post-loss speech to the Bears players was about life lessons. It’s always a bad sign when your season ends and the message is how you can learn from failure. Especially coming from a guy who never seemed to evolve as a coach. When asked what he’s learned this year, Nagy offered up the kind of well-meaning incoherence that has defined his tenure in Chicago.

Seriously, this is his full answer to “What life lessons did you learn this year as a head coach and an offensive (mind)?”

“Probably for me as a head coach, when you go through this season, you understand the other 31 coaches are going through the COVID protocol stuff that we had,” he said. “You understand you have different positions that when you’re competing and you’re getting young guys to come in and compete. You have a coaching staff you’re dealing with. For me, probably the biggest thing is just making sure, I think, it’s not what we wanted and how did we react to that as the weeks went by? When you go through a losing streak like we did, that can be difficult and that’s challenging. Did you change? And how did you use it to get better? Did you fight through it? We did that, but at the same point in time, you always look back and say, what was your record? Did you win enough? Did you get in the playoffs to have an opportunity? Because once you get in the playoffs it’s zero and zero. We didn’t do that. I think right now at this moment, I don’t have a great answer other than being able to reflect at the end of the year when I think about it a little longer.”

Imagine living with Nagy and asking him what he wants for dinner every night. Nagy answers questions like Andy Dalton evades a jail-break blitz on fourth-and-1: he runs around for a little bit and it ends with you scratching your head. There’s a disconnect between Nagy’s brain, his mouth and reality. It’s his biggest flaw as a head coach.