Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

It's not an assumption based on his college tape...can you see a single QB in next years draft with better tape than Fields?

If Fields was a Packer, he would have him as the second coming

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I would massively disagree with that...Houston is a dumpster fire even with two top 10 picks...no QB in this draft class comes close to Fields' talent either...Houston will be old Cleveland for years to come. 

Maybe. Maybe the Bears are the old Cleveland. If you were a GM, would you rather go to a place with two top 10 picks & cap room or the Bears with Fields & no cap room.

I'm not saying Houston is a far superior job, but I also think we're looking at this with a little bias. The Bears job sucks if it opens up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

If Fields was a Packer, he would have him as the second coming

Maybe. Maybe the Bears are the old Cleveland. If you were a GM, would you rather go to a place with two top 10 picks & cap room or the Bears with Fields & no cap room.

I'm not saying Houston is a far superior job, but I also think we're looking at this with a little bias. The Bears job sucks if it opens up

Our cap space really isn't that bad...and Fields is a massive selling point...it's why I want to see what Waldron does with Russell this year because I truly believe Fields could become a bigger, strong, faster version of that type of talent...if he is even 80% Wilson we have a franchise QB for the first time ever

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Our cap space really isn't that bad...and Fields is a massive selling point...it's why I want to see what Waldron does with Russell this year because I truly believe Fields could become a bigger, strong, faster version of that type of talent...if he is even 80% Wilson we have a franchise QB for the first time ever

Its not good.

We should be functional, but massive sweeping change is not going to happen.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Its not good.

We should be functional, but massive sweeping change is not going to happen.

I honestly don't feel we need sweeping changes in the playing staff...more the coaching staff so we can find some who can actually put the talented players we have in the right positions to win.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 10:20 AM, HuskieBear said:

i was somewhat ok with keeping graham. but the fact that pace just restructured his deal to create room, which pushes $4.5M to next year is ******* annoying

Pace had to do it just to stay under the cap.  Even after the restructure all we have in remaining cap is $3 mil and change.  It was either that or cut someone somewhere he wanted to keep.

On 9/14/2021 at 9:06 AM, CWood21 said:

Not to pour onto this one, but why are we assuming Fields will be good?

Maybe because all we really have to go on so far IS an assumption. 

Well.....that, a very successful college career against some tough defenses and looking far better in preseason than a vet QB with 9 years previous NFL experience.....and our eyes of course.  That too.

But other than that nothing.  😛

On 9/14/2021 at 9:46 AM, topwop1 said:

This is my biggest issue with Pace.  He's too extravagant when it comes to dealing away draft picks. 

That's because no matter how well he may disguise his pre-draft intentions once the bell rings to start the show every GM in the league knows he'll pay to move up for "his guy".  Fields might actually be the least costly trade based on the caliber of player we got.

On 9/14/2021 at 9:46 AM, topwop1 said:

Not re-signing one of our best offensive players in Allen Robinson, not keeping Floyd (who he traded up for) to sign Quinn and letting Kwiatkoski go to keep an overpaid and broken veteran in Trevethan.

This team needs to get younger and add depth pieces behind their rookie QB not older players with big contracts.

He not only failed to extend ARob.  Based on what's been said he actually lowballed him.  Nagy wants faster WR than ARob so Pace gets him a couple more then Nagy has Dalton run a dink and dunk passing game against LA and never once challenges downfield.  Dalton's longest pass was 16 yards and it got tipped and picked off.

Floyd was just one more guy drafted to play a position he was ill prepared to play.  He wasn't a pure edge rusher in college and historically "Tweener" SEC guys like him never pan out as top edge rushers.  The list is quite long of those who've failed before him.  That LA got 10 sacks from him last year is a credit to their coaching and allowing Floyd to rush 90% of the time not mix that with dropping into coverage.  Just one more high pick we failed to develop properly.

Pace kept DT for his intangibles (leadership).  Tough to lead when you can't be respected for your ****ty play or when you're hurt again and can't even play.  It was time for Roquan to take the lead at ILB anyway and for the same money we'd be better off with Kwit right now but we're stuck with DT through 2022 unless he can be traded and we know that won't happen.

It seems Pace believed Nagy would finally push Mitch over the edge to becoming what was expected of him to begin with and instead he pushed him out of the door.  Desperate to make the playoffs again Pace overspent like a drunken sailor on aging talent and when the cap declined it bit him in the *** big time and we lost two key starters before we replaced them.

Now he and Nagy are even more desperate to pulls rabbits out of hats and that plan seems to be based on using Fields to somehow convince Phillips and GMcC that they need a little more time to build around him.  Nagy surely needs to go.  Fields will never be as good as he can be playing for Matt Nagy.  Pace is on thin ice too because I don't know how GMcC is gonna sell Bears fans on Pace hiring yet another HC when he's sub .500 with his first two hires.

Typical Bears season.....S.N.A.F.U.

On 9/14/2021 at 1:13 PM, Madmike90 said:

I honestly don't feel we need sweeping changes in the playing staff...more the coaching staff so we can find some who can actually put the talented players we have in the right positions to win.

Ya gotta look at Nagy as far as that goes.

Classic example; You ask your GM to get you more speedy WR so you can challenge downfield then insist on starting a vet QB whose not known as a great deep passer and come with an opening game plan that has your speed merchants running shallow crosses and 10 yard outs.

IMHO Nagy should be fired right now based on that alone but of course that won't happen.

I think it's pretty clear now entering year four that the pairing of Pace and Nagy isn't working and that a change has to be made no matter how much GMcC may wish to avoid it.  There is some talent on the roster but nearly enough to challenge better teams under Nagy's coaching.

6 hours ago, soulman said:

Maybe because all we really have to go on so far IS an assumption. 

Well.....that, a very successful college career against some tough defenses and looking far better in preseason than a vet QB with 9 years previous NFL experience.....and our eyes of course.  That too.

But other than that nothing.  😛

I have no issues with you making the assumption that he's going to be good.  But you have to consistently apply it across the board.

• Like 1