NFL reviewing Ramsey/Tate fight

RaidersAreOne

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

Yes. They didn't let it impact the game whatsoever unless you count the play the Ramsey DRILLED Tate in the flat (legally).

Sometimes, this is how hyper aggressive, super athletes settle things. They waited until the game was done. They each swung at the same time from what I read so it was understood what was going to happen and now it's over. Fine them because that's just what the NFL does, but turning this into some suspension example-making scenario is just soft non-sense. It's over. Let's move on.

This is definitely suspension worthy. Picking a fight after the game over some personal beef is literally CRIMINAL. This is not how grown men should act, athletes or otherwise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spilltray said:

This is definitely suspension worthy. Picking a fight after the game over some personal beef is literally CRIMINAL. This is not how grown men should act, athletes or otherwise.

Jesus christ. I can't do this anymore. What has happened to world?!?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yes. They didn't let it impact the game whatsoever unless you count the play the Ramsey DRILLED Tate in the flat (legally).

Sometimes, this is how hyper aggressive, super athletes settle things. They waited until the game was done. They each swung at the same time from what I read so it was understood what was going to happen and now it's over. Fine them because that's just what the NFL does, but turning this into some suspension example-making scenario is just soft non-sense. It's over. Let's move on.

I disagree. 4 games out minimum imo so make it 6 so they can have it reduced to 4. There's no place for this crap on the field and sweeping it under the rug.sends the wrong message. 

Inciting violence but more actively being violent, over a personal beef on a football field, ill be really surprised if they're not suspended. 

Larry O was suspended last year for shoving a guy to the ground. These dudes threw multiple punches.

19 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I disagree. 4 games out minimum imo so make it 6 so they can have it reduced to 4. There's no place for this crap on the field and sweeping it under the rug.sends the wrong message. 

Inciting violence but more actively being violent, over a personal beef on a football field, ill be really surprised if they're not suspended. 

Larry O was suspended last year for shoving a guy to the ground. These dudes threw multiple punches.

Welp now that this is over, let's take our over-reaction caps off and start our Monday. 

Edited by BStanRamFan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Its not an overreaction, its a bad decision.

The biggest issue the NFL has with fighting is the optics of it. We have no video of the actual fight, just a midfield skirmish where you can't make out Ramsey or Tate. It also happened after the game so no cameras caught it live and were broadcasting it.

Don't believe me, see Ray Rice. NFL heard he assaulted his GF and he was suspended for 4 games initially ( I think). Then the video came out and we SAW what happened and he was essentially banned from the NFL.

Optics matter. There are no optics here. Just tweets describing what happened. They will be fined something absurd, but ultimately no suspension is necessary. 

Edited by BStanRamFan
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

The biggest issue the NFL has with fighting is the optics of it. We have no video of the actual fight, just a midfield skirmish where you can't make out Ramsey or Tate. It also happened after the game so no cameras caught it live and were broadcasting it.

Don't believe me, see Ray Rice. NFL heard he assaulted his GF and he was suspended for 4 games initially ( I think). Then the video came out and we SAW what happened and he was essentially banned from the NFL.

Optics matter. There are no optics here. Just tweets describing what happened. They will be fined something absurd, but ultimately no suspension is necessary. 

Tbh my biggest issue is consistency of punishment 

I don't think suspensions do a whole lot in these situations. I'd fine them each $10 million - and if you can't fine them that much, the all powerful Goodell should make is to they can.

Massive fines are the way to get through to everyone - if you do this, and make our product look bad, you're going to pay for it.