STAR WARS Mafia (Galactic Empire, Lando Calrissian wins!)

40 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Complete setup details (for the most part) was added to the OP autopsies. I'll put together some awards a bit later today.

Thanks for playing!

Did Blue stop killing me, or did someone make him stop?

Anyway, time for some Awards.

MVP: @Blue: While a lot of the town players did very well, it's hard to argue against Blue having the most solid all-around game. Not only with his playing of the Tricorder results well, but also maintaining composure after some of Mwil23's screw-ups early on. He also kept Lando in line by choking him during a night where SwAg was considering killing Vader. Almost like an actual sixth sense.

LVP: @Counselor: Sorry man, I thought you were a very entertaining player this game and I appreciate you playing but when your win condition is "keep Luke and Leia alive" and you kill Leia and vote dead Luke, you had to know this was coming. You weren't completely responsible (the Rebels should've used C3P0 with you to communicate with your faction early on), but the reckless kill on SirA1 was too much. On Day 1, there was a particular point you and bigbadbuff were discussing your two hit targets as if there was little risk. Both of those were Luke and Leia.

Rookie/Comeback player of the game: @RuskieTitan: Thanks for playing! Survived until the end of the game, too.

Funniest Move: @Malfatron, aka Jabba the Hutt, hiring Boba Fett to kill Han Solo.

Most Swingy Player: @Counselor: His hit of Leia completely changed the momentum of the game; this much is undeniable.

Most Lucky Player: @MWil23: Thanks to the above, and while MWil23 played a very nice game in-thread after the early mistakes, he would've been in huge trouble if some things outside his control didn't transpire. If the Rebels knew how to drivekill correctly, he'd be dead after claiming. And his discovery that Blue and squire12 was not aligned was a complete accident (being redirected to Blue).

Most Unlucky Player: @The Orca: I kinda screwed over Orca twice this game. First when I accidentally posted a reminder to myself during the cantina event in the final message of the bounty hunter (removed a few seconds later but enough for everyone to see it). Second when I ended the Day 6 a few minutes early because my daughter was crying upstairs, when he was planning to change vote to tie it up (hoping for a no lynch). Also, from a design perspective, Boba's win condition was probably fair... but I didn't consider its interaction with Han Solo's Lucky ability and Lando having armor at the start too well. It should've been tweaked slightly so Boba had a better chance of advancing his own win condition a bit more.

Best Timing: @MWil23: Turning up his game when it mattered most; taking control of town when Blue went down.

Assist Award: @JoshstraDaymus: Keeping heat off the Emperor.

Dynasty Player: @Dome: He may have died night 1, but he advances still to an undefeated 4-0 in TheKillerNacho games.

Most Enjoyable Player: @SwAg: Thread play and move actions were on point. Stole lots of items. Ripped a jetpack off Orca's back then slashed him with it. Lando was going completely agro this game. Was lucky for him that Han was the first Rebel dead, too, so he didn't have to deal with accusations of being converted to Rebel.

Last Scum Alive: @Counselor: He definitely was a survivor at least! Killed lots of people, too.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

yeah I wasnt fond that i chose to flat out lie, but i figured it might have been to early to claim scoundrel.

i definitely should have though

When I kept saying "Pickle is claiming Jaba" I was hoping that you'd be able to say "No, I can assure you that he's NOT Jabba" instead of "If he's calling me Lando, then..."

...I misread that interaction and that's on me.

Ugh, I'm sorry man.

16 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Anyway, time for some Awards.

MVP: @Blue: While a lot of the town players did very well, it's hard to argue against Blue having the most solid all-around game. Not only with his playing of the Tricorder results well,

He also kept Lando in line by choking him during a night where SwAg was considering killing Vader. Almost like an actual sixth sense.

Agreed! He played remarkably well! Good work @Blue

but also maintaining composure after some of Mwil23's screw-ups early on.

ysYTk62.gif

Funniest Move: @Malfatron, aka Jabba the Hutt, hiring Boba Fett to kill Han Solo.

LOL

10/10, this was fantastic!

Most Lucky Player: @MWil23: Thanks to the above, and while MWil23 played a very nice game in-thread after the early mistakes, he would've been in huge trouble without some things outside his control didn't transpire. If the Rebels knew how to drivekill correctly, he'd be dead after claiming. And his discovery that Blue and squire12 was not aligned was a complete accident (being redirected to Blue).

JVP! I'll take it! :)

I can't believe that the Empire/Jedi didn't take me out after I claimed, and I'm not sure if they thought I couldn't be hit or not. I decided to bluff a few things and decided to rely more on threadplay than my abilities, which I essentially used N2 to almost completely wreck the game for us.

Most Unlucky Player: @The Orca: I kinda screwed over Orca twice this game. First when I accidentally posted a reminder to myself during the cantina event in the final message of the bounty hunter (removed a few seconds later but enough for everyone to see it). Second when I ended the Day 6 a few minutes early because my daughter was crying upstairs, when he was planning to change vote to tie it up (hoping for a no lynch). Also, from a design perspective, Boba's win condition was probably fair... but I didn't consider its interaction with Han Solo's Lucky ability and Lando having armor at the start too well. It should've been tweaked slightly so Boba had a better chance of advancing his own win condition a bit more.

In hindsight, maybe giving @The Orca/Boba a 1 shot strongman blaster would have been helpful for that Han/Lando dynamic. He can't kill BOTH, but he can kill one to fulfill a tough Win Con.

Best Timing: @MWil23: Turning up his game when it mattered most; taking control of town when Blue went down.

giphy.gif

Assist Award: @JoshstraDaymus: Keeping heat off the Emperor.

@JoshstraDaymusĀ YOU ARE THE MAN!

Dynasty Player: @Dome: He may have died night 1, but he advances still to an undefeated 4-0 in TheKillerNacho games.

LOVE IT

Most Enjoyable Player: @SwAg: Thread play and move actions were on point. Stole lots of items. Ripped a jetpack off Orca's back then slashed him with it. Lando was going completely agro this game. Was lucky for him that Han was the first Rebel dead, too, so he didn't have to deal with accusations of being converted to Rebel.

Last Scum Alive: @Counselor: He definitely was a survivor at least! Killed lots of people, too.

LOL

SwAg drawing Lando and essentially doing SwAg things completely amused me.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

So Orca had to outlast a character not in the game.Ā  That's a tough wcĀ 

1. Win condition was 5 of 6, so no. Motti was thrown in there to give the Rebels a slightly more believable fake claim.

2. Didn't have to outlast. As long as they were dead by game's end, didn't matter if he himself was alive.

• Like 1