2021 Draft Thread

John232

45 minutes ago, Forge said:

So apparently he's doing nothing but eating tape this entire time from what I heard on one of these pods I was listening to. If he's doing that and bombs his interviews, I'm completely out on him lol. There shouldn't be a QB more prepared for that part of the draft process lol

Mike Shanahan should give him a call and bring him in for a workout or three

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

Too much QB talk going on. 

Who's your favorite at corner if we go that route? 

It's Farley for me. Big athletic guy who looks fluid in press-man. Wouldn't be mad@Surtain. Certainly has the lineage but Farley's my #1.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

Too much QB talk going on. 

Who's your favorite at corner if we go that route? 

Haven't watched nearly enough corners but Horn looks like a good one. Has some Jaire Alexander to his game and is super physical. If we go the corner route, we should have some options between him and Farley and Surtain (who I haven't watched at all yet). 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Haven't watched nearly enough corners but Horn looks like a good one. Has some Jaire Alexander to his game and is super physical. If we go the corner route, we should have some options between him and Farley and Surtain (who I haven't watched at all yet). 

Horn is a guy I really like. Good size, very physical. He'd be a guy that could match up extremely well on a guy like DK (may need over the top help, I'm not sure that he has the long speed against DK, but very few do). I wonder if a part of his game isn't a little wasted for us, but if we select him, I will feel damn good about that pick given that we know that school very well and have probably watched him a toooooooooooooon. 

If there isn't a quarterback we like in the first round, I really want Kyle Pitts. Yes, he is ostensibly a tight end and we have George Kittle. But it solves a lot of problems. We have no big slot - Kyle Pitts. We don't have a second tight end? Kyle Pitts. We move on from Juice to save money? Run less two back, stick Kittle at fullback and on the wing sometimes and have Kyle Pitts play tight end. We still struggle in the red zone? Kyle Pitts is the end zone's daddy. I think that he is the most talented player that could feasibly be available. I know that we need secondary players and interior offensive linemen. But talent talks. And Pitts would be an amazingly versatile and deadly weapon to help elevate whatever relatively mediocre QB is behind center next year.

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

I don't have espnu and am unable to stream via other means right now so I can't watch the byu game 

I am secretly hoping he has a bad game so that he falls far enough for us lol 

Not a great start for him, but still super early.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Horn is a guy I really like. Good size, very physical. He'd be a guy that could match up extremely well on a guy like DK (may need over the top help, I'm not sure that he has the long speed against DK, but very few do). I wonder if a part of his game isn't a little wasted for us, but if we select him, I will feel damn good about that pick given that we know that school very well and have probably watched him a toooooooooooooon. 

Horn does love him some press man. Extremely physical. Completely erased Seth Williams from the game against my alma mater and added two picks for good measure. Not sure about the long speed or the zone eyes, but he could be of use to teams that play to his strengths. Reminds me a bit of a jacked Cameron Dantzler.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JIllg said:

If there isn't a quarterback we like in the first round, I really want Kyle Pitts. Yes, he is ostensibly a tight end and we have George Kittle. But it solves a lot of problems. We have no big slot - Kyle Pitts. We don't have a second tight end? Kyle Pitts. We move on from Juice to save money? Run less two back, stick Kittle at fullback and on the wing sometimes and have Kyle Pitts play tight end. We still struggle in the red zone? Kyle Pitts is the end zone's daddy. I think that he is the most talented player that could feasibly be available. I know that we need secondary players and interior offensive linemen. But talent talks. And Pitts would be an amazingly versatile and deadly weapon to help elevate whatever relatively mediocre QB is behind center next year.

Kittle at fullback...okay, I'm not going to lie, I have no idea how I have never thought of this, and frankly, I kind of love the idea. First, we know he can handle the blocking duties...but I also love getting him into different routes and patterns from different areas of the field. Shipping him around would be awesome 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wasted in what way? 

Scheme wise? Our scheme is very different this year compared to the past and who knows what the next DC will want to run.