Jump to content
3rivers

2 more Titans test positive for covid - possible forfeit

Recommended Posts

Just now, Plat2 said:

Forfeit that ****

Forfeit, draft picks, etc.

They deserve it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I do not think there can be a forfeit as it is a bad precedent.  What happens if the Steelers have an outbreak later in the year?  Do they forfeit games because they already had their bye week?

10000% agree. All these people defaulting to forfeit with absolutely zero suggestions, SMH. At least I am coming up with some alternatives, even if they don't agree with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

There is no reason players cannot handle 3 games in 1 week, one time during the season only, and they can choose backups for one game if they wish to do so. If you think this is a “wild” take, then you’re one radical opinion away from flag football. 

But why should a team have to play 3 games in a weeks time and why do the other teams have to play multiple games in a week's time? You are playing at a high rate and putting your body through a lot and need to recover from it. You telling me someone can give 100%  every other day, mentally and physically? Not to mention game planning from the coaching perspective. That to me is ridiculous to expect. There is a reason why this sport is so spread out because of how much is involved. Baseball you stand around most of the time with very little physical exertion. Minimal trauma to the body when you run bases compared to running at each other at full speed. Go out and run a marathon tomorrow, then again in 2 days, then again 2 days after that and you tell me if you can give me 100% on each run, that is basically what you are telling these guys to do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

10000% agree. All these people defaulting to forfeit with absolutely zero suggestions, SMH. At least I am coming up with some alternatives, even if they don't agree with them.

The issue I am having is the investigation has shown that before the outbreak the titans were fined for not following simple protocols that both the NFL and NFLPA agreed on. Social distancing and masks were required with in the facility Titans have been sanctioned for it by not following the rules. Now that the players are said to be at home doing zoom meetings and not in the facility the containment should have stopped over a week ago being tested everyday proved that. Yet the titans are being investigated for having illegal practices/workouts with each other when they were suppose to avoid being around. That is on the Coaching staff and players. There are 32 teams and overall 31 have contained their players outside of a random 1 or 2 incidents because they abide by the rules that both NFL and NFLPA put in place before the season. It shouldn't be a punishment for the other 31 teams because 1 team cant follow proper procedures. We all want to see the game at its best and hope the season continues but if one team cant follow the simple rules the other 31 shouldnt suffer because of it. As more and more information comes out on it from the NFL proving that these were false claims and that Titans followed proper procedures then they need to come out with an extension but from what is being said by top guys who report this stuff with main sources are showing that the Titans have been in the wrong on multiple occasions. If that is the case then forfeiting may have to be the consequences for it. That is on Vrabel, coaching staff, and players who are not following the guidelines that were set in place by everyone who agreed to play this season. If for some reason this stuff is incorrect then I am sure the NFL will look to add the game towards the end of the year and extend the playoff time I doubt they will just force a team to forfeit because of something that happened out of their hands.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

10000% agree. All these people defaulting to forfeit with absolutely zero suggestions, SMH. At least I am coming up with some alternatives, even if they don't agree with them.

Yeah, 3 games in one week is pure genius I wonder why nobody thought of that, you're a very bright person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, at this point they deserve whatever punishment they get. gathering during an outbreak, how goddamn stupid can you get?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same posters that were all calling for the season to be cancelled after Cam tested positive. Holy overreaction Batman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I do not think there can be a forfeit as it is a bad precedent.  What happens if the Steelers have an outbreak later in the year?  Do they forfeit games because they already had their bye week?

If they deliberately broke the rules leading to an outbreak then yes they should have to forfeit their games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soflbillsfan said:

But why should a team have to play 3 games in a weeks time and why do the other teams have to play multiple games in a week's time? You are playing at a high rate and putting your body through a lot and need to recover from it. You telling me someone can give 100%  every other day, mentally and physically? Not to mention game planning from the coaching perspective. That to me is ridiculous to expect. There is a reason why this sport is so spread out because of how much is involved. Baseball you stand around most of the time with very little physical exertion. Minimal trauma to the body when you run bases compared to running at each other at full speed. Go out and run a marathon tomorrow, then again in 2 days, then again 2 days after that and you tell me if you can give me 100% on each run, that is basically what you are telling these guys to do.

This shows that basically no matter what is done, there is almost certainly going to be a competitive advantage for some teams and disadvantages for others, for example the Monday Night Chiefs vs. Patriots game. I would much rather spread the season out than have half of the games look like that in one way or another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Same posters that were all calling for the season to be cancelled after Cam tested positive. Holy overreaction Batman.

I think a 2 week pause to the season would be the best thing to do here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UncleAdamz said:

This shows that basically no matter what is done, there is almost certainly going to be a competitive advantage for some teams and disadvantages for others, for example the Monday Night Chiefs vs. Patriots game. I would much rather spread the season out than have half of the games look like that in one way or another.

52 players on the Patriots played, what is the difference between being ill and injured? Just cause cam got covid doesnt mean a team should cancel the game for another day, that is like tyrod getting a bad needle to the chest, or every other injury that has happened. Next man up, the issue with titans is they didnt follow proper procedure and they got caught. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Plat2 said:

I think a 2 week pause to the season would be the best thing to do here.

I don't have an issue with that.

Good post. That's all I was looking for, some alternative suggestions, even if mine was labeled "dumb".

All I saw in this thread, was the same massive overreaction as the Cam thread. No suggestions, complete panic, cancel the season, etc. People need to calm down and use their brain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soflbillsfan said:

52 players on the Patriots played, what is the difference between being ill and injured? Just cause cam got covid doesnt mean a team should cancel the game for another day, that is like tyrod getting a bad needle to the chest, or every other injury that has happened. Next man up, the issue with titans is they didnt follow proper procedure and they got caught. 

Being hurt is not contagious though (unless you're the Niners)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I don't have an issue with that.

Good post. That's all I was looking for, some alternative suggestions, even if mine was labeled "dumb".

All I saw in this thread, was the same massive overreaction as the Cam thread. No suggestions, complete panic, cancel the season, etc. People need to calm down and use their brain.

I don't know why the NFL is so reluctant to do extend the season (2 week pause, rescheduled games, extra bye) ...even you push the SB to early to mid March, they'll still smash everything in direct competition, this season was always going to be weird and different from the start might as well embrace it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You’ve been taking some media pills, that’s for sure. I listen to 100% science and not religious at all but both of your perspectives seem to be media fear-mongering talking points. Media is all non-stop lies, propaganda, and fear mongering. 

THIS is the type of stuff we're trying to get away from.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...