2 more Titans test positive for covid - possible forfeit

3rivers

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You don’t think pausing/cancelling the NFL is punishing everyone else, but the Titans forfeiting one game is punishing everyone else.... lol ok. 

Or you could just cancel their game and not give the Bills a free win

But this is how the NFL is fooling ya’ll.  It isn’t my responsibility to come up with a better solution.  The NFL is a billion dollar league that had MONTHS to plan.  The system sucks.  It shouldn’t come to this.  

Just now, iknowcool said:

How’s that fair to teams in the AFC playoff picture?  They didn’t do anything yet indirectly being punished by the Bills being given a free win

It is a huge competitive balance.  It harms the integrity of the game.  It isn’t the right thing to do.

"Fair" goes out the window when you start deliberately breaking protocols in a middle of a pandemic, when everybody needs to be kept in the straight and narrow to finish this season out. Like I said I hope the NFL comes down hard on the Titans, sometimes you gotta make an example out of someone and the Titans are it.

17 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Monetary fines? Coaches are still getting fined $100k and organizations $250k even after initial fines were posted for not wearing them the entire game.

Yes, so these fines need to be in line with a percentage of the value of a franchise. No team would allow a single practice if they're looking at a $100,000,000 fine (roughly 5% of the $2.2B value of the Titans).

were posted for not wearing them the entire game. Draft picks are the same it is a mere slap on the wrist.

...WHAT!? Are you kidding me? As someone who is missing a 1/2 for 2021 AND ACTUALLY GOT A FREAKING OT OUT OF IT I'll flat out say that it's far from a slap on the wrist.

Whether I think they should forfeit the game is up to the league and is a bit excessive to me, but sweeping it under the rug with a fine or a mid rd draft pick wont scare teams away from doing it either.

Not a mid round pick - we start at a 1st, and then add additional 1sts from additional years with any other violations.

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The only people "punished" by a pause are viewers. That's it. (Owners don't get TV revenue, I guess. Poor billionaires...)

Two weeks out is a straightforward plan to get an actual plan in place and flush out any other positives that are lurking. Nobody loses anything.

two week pause (esp. with the patriots/chiefs situation possibly developing) + fines/draft pick loss for TEN seems sensible, but the league doing something sensible is not exactly a thing i expect so i'm guessing we'll end up forfeiting both the bills and steelers games and everything will keep chugging along.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Draft picks, monetary fines, etc. This needs to be felt so no other teams think of violating their protocol if implemented. 

There's plenty that can be done that impact much further than W/L this season.

I would expect both, tbh. They forfeit the game AND have those punishments as well. But yeah I think they absolutely need harsh monetary fines and possibly HIGH draft picks forfeit.

8 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

There are plenty ways to punish them that doesn’t punish the rest of the league

People need to stop letting the NFL trick them into thinking this is just an issue with how protocols are implemented and not the protocols themselves.  The NFL’s system is prone to an outbreak and it’s so obvious to see. Titans are just the first.

So personally I would pause the season.  But a forfeit devalues everything.  Everyone wants to talk about fair but its by far the most unfair choice they could make.

NFL is just greedy as hell and they found a scapegoat in the Titans (for now...).  Imagine if the NBA did this to the Jazz?  Instead NBA did the RIGHT thing and that’s pause all league play.  Because a pandemic goes beyond one team.  NFL tricking people

Can't say I disagree with any of this, actually.

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Draft picks, monetary fines, etc. This needs to be felt so no other teams think of violating their protocol if implemented. 

There's plenty that can be done that impact much further than W/L this season.

Could they give the Titans a loss without giving the Bills a win? That almost seems like the fairest way as it doesn’t give the Bills a competitive advantage or huge disadvantage but still punishes the Titans. Bills would simply play 15 games and would use winning percentage like usual. Wouldn’t be any different than the game being cancelled in that way. 

I get the whole forfeiting is bad but what other option is there? If the Bills play 1 less game than everyone else than they could be at a disadvantage at the end of the season because the Titans organization were dumb. It sounds simple but the Bills were ready to play this week and the Titans couldn't due to them own selves. I don't see any other option besides extending the season. 

• Like 2

Like, the NFL/teams have been implementing serious measures to keep everyone safe and not allowing for an outbreak to happen and you go out into the public amid an outbreak with eachother and practice?

Like seriously...LOL. Does common sense just not kick in after all the strict protocols for the past several months?

• Like 1

Just now, The BILLievers said:

F that. We get a tie instead of a potential win because the Titans organization couldn't handle covid guidelines? not happening

I agree with you. But I don't think they should get a W and an extra bye week either. The NFL needs to add weeks 18-20 right now and push games to those dates as needed.