2 more Titans test positive for covid - possible forfeit

3rivers

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

what would you do?

Draft picks, monetary fines, etc. This needs to be felt so no other teams think of violating their protocol if implemented. 

There's plenty that can be done that impact much further than W/L this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Titans should be punished but having them forfeit is still a bad decision!  That literally punishes every other team in the NFL too sans Bills.

I’m really hoping they don’t go that route.  If they do it will backfire in a HUGE way.  This isn’t high school.

i dont see how that punishes us lol

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Please read before posting in this thread again.

- ET

I thought that stating the virus, which according to the CDC, has a 99.98% survival rate under the age of 70, with football players quarantining from the elderly, was related and something of value. Especially when his post was trying to strike unneeded fear into people, in my opinion. 

Anyways, I will adhere to that thread and not post percentages. Even reading the thread, I just didn’t see how it was unrelated. 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

what would you do?

There are plenty ways to punish them that doesn’t punish the rest of the league

People need to stop letting the NFL trick them into thinking this is just an issue with how protocols are implemented and not the protocols themselves.  The NFL’s system is prone to an outbreak and it’s so obvious to see. Titans are just the first.

So personally I would pause the season.  But a forfeit devalues everything.  Everyone wants to talk about fair but its by far the most unfair choice they could make.

NFL is just greedy as hell and they found a scapegoat in the Titans (for now...).  Imagine if the NBA did this to the Jazz?  Instead NBA did the RIGHT thing and that’s pause all league play.  Because a pandemic goes beyond one team.  NFL tricking people

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Titans should be punished but having them forfeit is still a bad decision!  That literally punishes every other team in the NFL too sans Bills.

I’m really hoping they don’t go that route.  If they do it will backfire in a HUGE way.  This isn’t high school.

This also isn't you're typical season, having them forfeit the next game and some draft picks will deter any other team from thinking they can do the same thing.

17 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Ah well.  I know fans want wins handed to them and rival teams want us punished (rightly so i guess.)

There were rules in place and your team broke them. What do you expect to happen in that scenario?

Seriously - how would you want this to play out?

Just now, iknowcool said:

People need to stop letting the NFL trick them into thinking this is just an issue with how protocols are implemented and not the protocols themselves.  The NFL’s system is prone to an outbreak and it’s so obvious to see. Titans are just the first.

So personally I would pause the season.  But a forfeit devalues everything.  Everyone wants to talk about fair but its by far the most unfair choice they could make.

NFL is just greedy as hell and they found a scapegoat in the Titans (for now...).  Imagine if the NBA did this to the Jazz?  Instead NBA did the RIGHT thing and that’s pause all league play.  Because a pandemic goes beyond one team.  NFL tricking people

You don’t think pausing/cancelling the NFL is punishing everyone else, but the Titans forfeiting one game is punishing everyone else.... lol ok. 

Just now, iknowcool said:

The Gobert thing happened in the beginning of this whole thing, when we knew very little about this virus. We are 8 months in and have alot more information about the virus like having proper protocols in place....the Titans pretty much said "f*ck yo protocols".

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

the thing that's really wild to me is that it's obvious to anyone with a half-functioning brain that the NFL protocols are bad *and* that they'd try to scapegoat a team for this. and then you go and hand them exactly what they need to do that on a silver platter just so you can get a workout in? it's mind-bogglingly stupid.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

Draft picks, monetary fines, etc. This needs to be felt so no other teams think of violating their protocol if implemented. 

There's plenty that can be done that impact much further than W/L this season.

Monetary fines? Coaches are still getting fined $100k and organizations $250k even after initial fines were posted for not wearing them the entire game. Draft picks are the same it is a mere slap on the wrist. Having unsanctioned practices should mean something more then that as it risks the entire season. Whether I think they should forfeit the game is up to the league and is a bit excessive to me, but sweeping it under the rug with a fine or a mid rd draft pick wont scare teams away from doing it either. Just dont know what an acceptable punishment there can be where the other teams fear from doing what the titans did and being able to keep the season as fair as possible.

Just now, Plat2 said:

This also isn't you're typical season, having them forfeit the next game and some draft picks will deter any other team from thinking they can do the same thing.

How’s that fair to teams in the AFC playoff picture?  They didn’t do anything yet indirectly being punished by the Bills being given a free win

It is a huge competitive balance.  It harms the integrity of the game.  It isn’t the right thing to do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

You don’t think pausing/cancelling the NFL is punishing everyone else, but the Titans forfeiting one game is punishing everyone else.... lol ok. 

The only people "punished" by a pause are viewers. That's it. (Owners don't get TV revenue, I guess. Poor billionaires...)

Two weeks out is a straightforward plan to get an actual plan in place and flush out any other positives that are lurking. Nobody loses anything.

• Like 2