2 more Titans test positive for covid - possible forfeit

3rivers

Ah well.  I know fans want wins handed to them and rival teams want us punished (rightly so i guess.)

Good luck to the rest of the league. 

Titans are officially out this season. 

Next complaint will be it's not fair if you had the Titans on schedule and you get an extra bye week. So good luck with that debate, when this team got 2 weeks to prepare and we played on Sunday now have a Thursday night game. 

Raiders should be next with loss of draft picks and losses too then right?  They were fined for the maskless dinner. Now have positive test. Delay next?

I'm rooting for chaos then, since we rooting for things....lol

Just now, Plat2 said:

Being hurt is not contagious though (unless you're the Niners)

correct its not contagious and since the patriots followed proper protocols along with the 30 other teams that have 1 or no cases shut things down tested sunday and monday where every one was cleared. Titans on the other hand continue to have coaching staff and players test positive on separate occasions because they met when they shouldnt have so that is the issue with them. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don't have an issue with that.

Good post. That's all I was looking for, some alternative suggestions, even if mine was labeled "dumb".

All I saw in this thread, was the same massive overreaction as the Cam thread. No suggestions, complete panic, cancel the season, etc. People need to calm down and use their brain.

Having an alternative for it is fine and one player going down to it is equivalent to an injury like Cam, or Tyrod, or Garoppollo, things like that happen, but when you show ill regard by continuing to meet when you have an outbreak is just ridiculous. Had they stayed at home and followed the guidelines they would probably be back at the facility prepping for the game but they thought the rules dont apply to them

52 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

A virus with a 99.98% survival rate according to the CDC a few weeks ago under the ago of 70, ok bud. Only 94% for 70+, which is pretty bad, but I’m sure these players are in full quarantine from any elderly (at least I hope they aren’t that dumb). 

THIS is what we're trying to stay away from.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Ah well.  I know fans want wins handed to them and rival teams want us punished (rightly so i guess.)

Next complaint will be it's not fair if you had the Titans on schedule and you get an extra bye week. So good luck with that debate, when this team got 2 weeks to prepare and we played on Sunday now have a Thursday night game. 

Raiders should be next with loss of draft picks and losses too then right?  They were fined for the maskless dinner. Now have positive test. Delay next?

dude, they gathered when the literal one thing that was asked of them was to not gather. i was strongly against any sort of punishment before this news because realistically it could happen to teams still following the protocols, but come on. it's the height of stupidity and they're gonna reap what they've sown.

• Like 1

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

correct its not contagious and since the patriots followed proper protocols along with the 30 other teams that have 1 or no cases shut things down tested sunday and monday where every one was cleared. Titans on the other hand continue to have coaching staff and players test positive on separate occasions because they met when they shouldnt have so that is the issue with them. 

Gilmore just tested positive, there might be more positives coming out from the Patriots the next couple of days. This is why this virus is so damn tricky, the incubation period, people being asymptomatic, presymptomatic, etc...it's a very sneaky virus and getting it is NOTHING like being injured.

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

and this is why a forfeit should be in place. It is not rocket science to follow a simple rule and let it be. Get back to work when you are cleared and we would be good to go for a game this weekend

Yep. Like, I hate teh Steelers but they should be given the W for last weekend and the Titans should be SEVERELY punished.

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Sorry but your team deserves everything that's coming to them and to any other future teams that does the same thing.

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

If your organization controlled their players this wouldn’t be a discussion. How are you having positive tests when your supposed to have been out of the building for a week? This is on the Titans now, end of story. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Titans should be punished but having them forfeit is still a bad decision!  That literally punishes every other team in the NFL too sans Bills.

I’m really hoping they don’t go that route.  If they do it will backfire in a HUGE way.  This isn’t high school.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2